Thread: Help converting DVD to .avi file

Default Help converting DVD to .avi file

Hello I am trying to convert a DVD that I had made to a .avi file, so that I can edit it in adobe premiere. I did find instructions to DvdFAB and Vidomi, in order to encode and convert it, but it's not working. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thankyou for your help!

Can't you just put the .vob file into your editing program. If it doesn't recognise .vob files just make a copy and rename it to "file name.mpg"

It should work.

Default Somewhat Lost:)

Thankyou for responding so promptly. I think the problem is I have never done this before, so I am going in blind.

I have the dvd in the player on my pc, but I can't seem to copy it to my hard drive so that I can't even change the file extension. I have tried to right click on the drive, directly on the dvd to copy it, but it won't do anything. I have to open it and it's a series of files?

Could you tell me how to copy it to my hard drive, because I am just not getting anywhere Thankyou again for your help!

Use Windows Explorer and navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder in there you will find files called something.vob these are the video files just select them and copy and past to a folder on your hard drive.

Once you have got all the .vob files they should go straight on the time line of your editing program. If this doesn't work change the name for .vob to .mpg.

This should work.