Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camera Crane / Glidecam Hire - 450 per day!

Blog Entries

Default Camera Crane / Glidecam Hire - 450 per day!

Do you need a Camera Crane or Glidecam on your shoot?

Play Pause Click has both an EXTENDED version of the Hague K-12 Camera Crane equipped with a ProAim 24v powered head allowing shots from heights from one foot to around 16 foot high, and a full Glidecam Smooth Shooter too. The Glidecam gives silky smooth shots while walking or even running!

The K-12 is set for use with my Sony Z1E although you're welcome to use your own camera if you prefer. The Z1E IS already loaded with a Sony shotgun mic and Rycote Softie, plus a Sennheiser Radio Mic pack giving flexible audio options. Also available is a Sony wide lens adaptor. The crane also has a remote control for the camera allowing zooming etc and a 7" LCD monitor so you can see the results as you shoot. If you choose to use your own camera, it needs to weigh less than 10kg fully loaded and if you do want zoom etc, remember you'll need your own remote. In addition, the crane is mounted on a heavy duty Manfrotto dolly allowing limited movement on smooth surfaces - a word of warning though - movement can cause wobble if that surface isn't perfectly smooth.

The Smooth Shooter is also already balanced for use with the Z1E and because of the time involved balancing and fine tuning a new camera, that is only available with my own camera.

I now offer what I'd call 'supervised' hire of both bits of kit to film makers and videographers.

Rates are extremely competitive and flexible - I do this because I love film making - not so much because of the revenue it generates. So - 450.00 per day is all it is, all in.

I will bring the kit, set it up for you, even film too if required and give you the tapes when done. If you want to film yourself, no problem - I'll sit back and wait till you're done.

If I'm using the kit, my insurance will cover it - if you want to use it alone - please ensure you bring proof of your insurance on the day.

Because I'm with the kit there's no deposit to worry about - but I do ask for payment up front for the period you need. If you run 'over time' I will ask for payment for the rest on the spot.

Set Up time is around thirty minutes for the K-12 and this is included in your day.

To find out more, please use the contact form on THIS page putting 'Kit Hire' in the subject line, or call me on 07545 226841. I'm friendly, approachable and happy to discuss your requirements.
    Last edited by Andy Lockwood; 09-23-2011 at 10:23 AM.

That's a cool offer, an operator as well for the price thats really UNheard of for the price. Good Offer Andy...!

Thats worth so much! an for the few times you need to use this kit, its not worth buying the kit yourself....

Plus for an added bonus, they might learn a few things from you.....!!!

Cool Offer!

How much is the rig to buy? without the cam?

Love the way your Pimping yourself out lol Good on Ya!
    Last edited by zandebar; 02-15-2010 at 09:31 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zandebar View Post
    ...How much is the rig to buy?
    The K-12 with all its accessories comes in just short of 2k. It needs to earn its keep! The Glidecam rolls in at just short of 1800.00.

I don't think in honesty this price will last - I'm offering it to get the ball rolling.

Great offer!! am sure you'll get a lot of interest.......

Also; if someone wants to buy this rig, still a good rate for training........

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zandebar View Post
    ..Plus for an added bonus, they might learn a few things from you...
    None of us is too old to learn.... I'm hoping to snide some tips too along the way! The cash is a by product really - I want to do more film-making and having the kit gives me a distinct advantage I think.

Plus - I do think hire rates are pretty bonkers anyway. Then you have delivery and collection to worry about. And a massive deposit to fork out for. And the availability of kit like this is few and far between.

I think I've struck a fair price for not doing too much to be honest.

Andy! thats very fair; too fair infact........Coz your worth that alone without the rig.

Maybe an Andy training school......lol

Blog Entries

In response to an enquiry thru my site, mileage is charged at 10p per mile. So, say your shoot is in London - Retford to London and back 292 miles. So - 29 fuel will be sufficient.

So Andy is is 200 for the crane and camera included?

Is so, i might be giving you a ring later

Well, that also depends if you'd be willing to rent it to me lol

Blog Entries

Yes Smifis - 200 gets you me, my camera and my crane too for a day. (Plus petrol at 10p per mile). Don't have any issue with renting to you as long as (per my terms and conditions) - if you don't have specific videographers insurance, you understand you won't be getting your hands on it.

Can you give me a link to your T&C's just to double check everything

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast