Thread: Subtitles and watermarks, HOW TO?

Arrow Subtitles and watermarks, HOW TO?

Hi everyone, i have tried different softwares to do this, but i cant get it right. I hope you can help me

I want to add a watermark and subtitles (.srt) to an AVI file, but none of the softwares I have tried do it. Sony vegas is an awesome program, but it cant handle subtitles, that's what it seems.
    if you can point me to a software capable of doing these things i will apreciate.

thanks

Jorginho13

I'll absolutely bet you can add subtitle in Vegas. There might not be an option called 'subtitles' (I wouldn;t know I;ve never used it) but I'm coinvinced you can overlay some graphics/text to create them though. Same for watermark.

I agree with Alan. I have never used Vegas but I'm almost positive that there is a "Text" option for you to add subtitles. And about the watermark... usually you have the option of changing the blending mode of the tracks, so if you add an image or text for your watermark, you should be able to change the blending mode so it looks like a watermark on the video.
    GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition
    GoPro Hero

• Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 with 16 GB RAM
    with Intel Iris Pro Graphics + AMD Radeon R9 M370X / 2GB GDDR5 memory
    • Avid Media Composer v8.3
    • Baselight 4.3.5
    • DaVinci Resolve 12
    • Avid Artist Color
    • Adobe After Effect CS6

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Albert Einstein

There are a number of titling options that can be used to put subtitles into Vegas but this is a time consuming thing.

The water mark is very easy put the image on the top track, increase the length to fit the length of the project (time length) and reduce the opacity to suite.

Hello again.
    I figured out how to add the watermark, but the subtitles will be a huge time consuming, i just want to import a .srt file (or other extension for that matter).
    I guess Vegas doesn’t do it all. Maybe you know another program that can do it, i will appreciate it
    Thanks
    Jorginho13

Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this, but when it comes about editing most of the time it is time consuming, specially if you want to do a professional edit, and not just a cut cut cut and export. Even if you had a way to import the .srt file, I am guessing you still have to organize the subtitle according to what it is being spoken in the scene.
    GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition
    GoPro Hero

• Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 with 16 GB RAM
    with Intel Iris Pro Graphics + AMD Radeon R9 M370X / 2GB GDDR5 memory
    • Avid Media Composer v8.3
    • Baselight 4.3.5
    • DaVinci Resolve 12
    • Avid Artist Color
    • Adobe After Effect CS6

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Albert Einstein

My guess is Vegas may not recognize an srt. file. If you are planning to upload your video to Youtube, you could download this free Subtitleworkshop programme.

URUWorks - 100% Software Uruguayo

You can then play the video and insert your captions to the relevent scenes then save as an srt. file. Then upload the file to your Youtube account in the add captions. Hope this helps.