Thread: The worlds smallest snowman

Default The worlds smallest snowman

I am giving my nephew my current editing suite on Wednesday. I edited this little walk in the snow to test it all works following a re-install.

This critique may not be what you expect for this seemingly simple little video but this is what I get form it.

I see two people very much in love. A union of ultimate trust. I see the freedom you give each other to be them selves, which is an ultimate respect. I see a playful closeness borne from the baby talk which underlines all I've said.

I also see a slightly unreadable title because there is to much blur on the shadowing.
    I see a piece that has been edited by someone who has come a long way since I first met him. Someone that can make a simple walk in the snow into something worth watching.

Thank you for sharing.

Dave

hahahaa really cool and I LOVEEEEE the soundtrack music you used
    GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition
    GoPro Hero

• Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 with 16 GB RAM
    with Intel Iris Pro Graphics + AMD Radeon R9 M370X / 2GB GDDR5 memory
    • Avid Media Composer v8.3
    • Baselight 4.3.5
    • DaVinci Resolve 12
    • Avid Artist Color
    • Adobe After Effect CS6

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Albert Einstein

I liked this! Any kind of journey has a natural narrative arc, even a simple walk like this.

The pans at the beginning looked terrible on Youtube, and some of the shots were very shaky and could have used a monopod or something.

Good mix of shots. I would have liked to hear more nat sound pops, for example, snow crunching when she made her cute little snowman, or the sound of the train.

Watching this made me miss snow

5. Default

this is cool! - ice man that is why hehehe!

soundtrack is good.

Blog Entries

A voice of dissent here. I didn't like the soundtrack - but maybe that's because I used it for one of my films

Midnight - I think the spirit of St Valentine has come over you and clouded your ability to critique.

Shrimpy I think that publishing your "baby talk" on YouTube is a very courageous thing to do and I'm sure you wouldn't have done so If you had an office to go in to on Monday

All in all a delightful little piece - though I was waiting for you to animate the snowman at the end.
    Tim

Yep Midnight has defo caught the valentine lush bigtime. Mind you it has bought me a miliion browny points from the wife so thanks very much midnight

Lots of wobbly bits for sure but then again this was all hand held and it was bloody freezing so apologies for that.

Your right Tim, I don't have an office to go to and if I had to climb into the back of a police van with a load of hairy arsed coppers after publishing that I would have one miserable day I can assure you. Mind you I would have made them all stand in the rain as payback.

As for the soundtrack, well you said we would all sound the same when I joined the Smartsound club

PS I did animate the snowman but I ran out of tape

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpfarmer View Post
    Yep Midnight has defo caught the valentine lush bigtime. Mind you it has bought me a miliion browny points from the wife so thanks very much midnight
    I presume my cheque is in the post as usual.