Thread: Group & ungroup revisited

1. Default Group & ungroup revisited

OK something weird is going on here. In my question (subject headed Group / ungroup). I asked how to group an audio and video clip back again after ungrouping them.
    The answer - simple, slect the tracks and press G or right click, select group and create new.

I just had to do this again and I selected the video and audio track - by clciking on the grey separator between the two tracks and dragging along until the whole selection was 'blued'. The pressed G - nothing, tried again and did the right click \ group but the 'create new' was greyed out.

I did it the first time, I am guessing it is somethign to do with the way I have selected the two tracks but - Jeeez banging my head here!

I am having a problem understanding just where you are clicking. Please do a SCREENGRAB of your workspace and indicate where you are clicking and post the grab here.

Blog Entries

This may just be your terminology but you do NOT group tracks. You group events.
    Click on your video event.
    Ctrl-Click on the audio event you want to group with it.
    Press "G"
    (And you can group a number of events, not just two. I regularly do this to move sections around if I've not been very methodical in my planning)
    Tim

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    This may just be your terminology but you do NOT group tracks. You group events.
    Click on your video event.
    Ctrl-Click on the audio event you want to group with it.
    Press "G"
    (And you can group a number of events, not just two. I regularly do this to move sections around if I've not been very methodical in my planning)
    Thanks, and yes you are quite right I did use the wrong terminology. I thought it was something to do with the way I was selecting the events, it is so easy to forgot simple things when you are deep into the learning curve

Thanks again

Events represent Media. Then the Tracks have many Events.