Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creative juices or need for Prozac ?

Default Creative juices or need for Prozac ?

When I'm on a video shoot my creative juices start to flow just like I Imagen a great painters or sculptures does. Is it just me or does anyone else feel like this when filming ?

The only other thing I can compare it to is when I use to perform music on the stage in my younger days.

I'm not saying I don't have the analytical side of my brain working over time working out the best lighting, camera positions and settings etc. BUT this creative adrenalin burst I feel just makes it great to be filming.

Do I need Prozac ?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Do I need Prozac ?
    Naw!

I too find that, once on site, the brain sees opportunities that could not have been imagined at a planning stage! And rather than being creative, it's more to do with the practicalities of the situation.

Things like camera positions and angles that you may have planned, or perhaps just thought about, prove difficult in reality but other things become more practical so I adapt to them. This in turn opens up other ideas that are more feasible than I would have imagined.... so it is creative, but in a practical sense!
    I have six honest, serving men. They taught me all I knew.
    Their names are What and Why and When. And How and Where and Who! (Rudyard Kipling)
    http://www.sharpmedia.org.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    When I'm on a video shoot my creative juices start to flow just like I Imagen a great painters or sculptures does. Is it just me or does anyone else feel like this when filming ?

The only other thing I can compare it to is when I use to perform music on the stage in my younger days.

I'm not saying I don't have the analytical side of my brain working over time working out the best lighting, camera positions and settings etc. BUT this creative adrenalin burst I feel just makes it great to be filming.

Do I need Prozac ?
    I get the same rush when I have a project for editing. Unfortunately, I don't have one right now and could probably use a Prozac.

Well I'm glad it's not just me. I was reading up on Prozac, a major component is fluoride. So digger you could just go and clean your teeth. or sniff rat poison, thats made from fluoride as well. They put this stuff in the drinking water so we are all on Prozac in a round about way.

Further research revealed that Fluoride was fist used in Nazi concentration camps to keep the inmates docile ! :-(

I wish I'd never started looking at this now.

LOL Look on the bright side at least you'll have nice teeth.

There's apparently a drug to make you more brainy, Dr's have been prescribing these to students. Wonder if there is one to make you more creative, if there is I could do with some right now...LOL

Yes there is a drug that will do that, it's called LSD but I wouldn't recomend it. lol

7. Default

How much time do you guys typically spend either capturing or editing..? Everyday...once or twice a week or even less...?

When I've got a specific project I'm working on I can do 7:00pm till 2:00am for a few nights until it's finished. BUT if I'm just tweaking things, I'll just do an hour or so. I have been know to not open my NLE for over a week !

As I don't do this for a living, it's not a regular fixed time thing for me.

Edit ..............
    Last edited by enc; 02-11-2010 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by codda View Post
    How much time do you guys typically spend either capturing or editing..? Everyday...once or twice a week or even less...?
    It depends. If I am really into a difficult phase, I can spend a whole day at a time, and several days back-to-back without a break. The same when a project is really going well and the creative juices are flowing. I'll sometimes work into the wee hours of the morning, until I realize that I have burned out for the day.

Editing a project can be an obsession. Artistic types have a tendency to keep struggling with something until it is perfected (or as close as one can get with the materials at hand). Then, when the project is finished, they tend to go into a post-project depression. Then, it may be weeks before inspiration strikes again. The period between projects is a bummer.

I also do not do editing for a living, although I once did, back in the days of 2" video tape about 30 years ago.
    Last edited by worddigger; 02-11-2010 at 02:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast