Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Images Turning Red On Timeline

Default Images Turning Red On Timeline

So I have this irritating problem where random images turn red on the time line. 50% of the images that turn red dont show or render the other 50% of the reds do. Then 50% of my pictures in general that do show thumbnails dont render either, all of JPEG or PNG.

If I exit & reopen Vegas (Pro9 ver.C) then click on each of the images they will show when played back, almost as if it needs to refresh them by independant click. But by the time the video is finished rendering or gets to the images in the rendering process the images are lost again. I've already reinstalled Vegas with no success. I'm using the x64 version.
    Why am I an editor? ...because I'm a bad filmer!
    ☮ ♫ ☾ ☆ ☼ ☯ ~ Live Long & Prosper

Blog Entries

Dunno about the 64bit version, but I'm seeing this reported a number of times with 9.0c. There's clearly a problem here but a fix don't appear to be imminent.

One thing which will usually improve this is a defrag and a reboot (OK that's two things)
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Dunno about the 64bit version, but I'm seeing this reported a number of times with 9.0c. There's clearly a problem here but a fix don't appear to be imminent.

One thing which will usually improve this is a defrag and a reboot (OK that's two things)
    Thanks I'll definitely try the reboot however degraging your hard drive too much is bad for the head(s) and arm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFloydEffect View Post
    however degraging your hard drive too much is bad for the head(s) and arm.
    What? OK I'll grant it causes wear, but you're causing wear all the time your PC isn't switched off. Running a PC without defragging regularly is just like asking for your old PC back, in my book.
    Tim

I've had this happen to me but because I'm use to Pinnacle, I have just learnt to accept these kinds of anomalies. Another thing that sometimes happens it some clips will turn pink not the thumbnail but the surround of the clip. I think this is meant to happen but I don't know why.

Generally, a reduction of the RAM allocated to preview in prefs improves this. Can be a real PITA. You wonder if they're ever going to get 9 sorted before 10 comes along!

The RAM thing would make sence for me as I only have 1Gb of RAM.

Do you think they would do that and miss out on all that revenue when we all have to buy version 10 ? lol
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 02-10-2010 at 02:53 PM.

Well I've got 8gig of RAM. If I set the preview RAM above 1024, I get the reds. I've been told I need at least 12 for 64 bit Vista/Vegas! A real pain...and I'm not holding my breath for a fix anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    What? OK I'll grant it causes wear, but you're causing wear all the time your PC isn't switched off. Running a PC without defragging regularly is just like asking for your old PC back, in my book.
    I do PC repair for a living and I'm not going to argue this fact. There's a reason Vista and Win7 have a mandatory Analyze before De-frag and I run my computer 18 hours a day constantly moving files around and I only need to defrag it maybe 3 times a year at the most. Read up more about this you will find it is bad, puts more wear on your drive during the defrag process than you may think.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I've had this happen to me but because I'm use to Pinnacle, I have just learnt to accept these kinds of anomalies. Another thing that sometimes happens it some clips will turn pink not the thumbnail but the surround of the clip. I think this is meant to happen but I don't know why.
    Are you saying Pinnacle is better because Adobe failed me and Sony is now failing me so I'm willing to try anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    Generally, a reduction of the RAM allocated to preview in prefs improves this. Can be a real PITA. You wonder if they're ever going to get 9 sorted before 10 comes along!
    What? Really? How is this done?

Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    Well I've got 8gig of RAM. If I set the preview RAM above 1024, I get the reds. I've been told I need at least 12 for 64 bit Vista/Vegas! A real pain...and I'm not holding my breath for a fix anytime soon.
    I have 6gb of ram and are you saying you need 12gb of ram? This is all nuts I have a nice computer why should I have to deal with problems!

I restarted and still doesn't work. It will work in preview but will not show in the render.
    Last edited by PinkFloydEffect; 02-10-2010 at 08:06 PM.

No I'm saying I'm use to strange things happening because I got use to them in Pinnacle, I would say Vegas Pro 9 is far above Pinnacle in flexibility, work flow ease and durability. Pinnacle has it's place I have a great affection for it because it was my first editing software. I have a nostalgic affection but thats not going to get some real editing done.

To alter the RAM preview figure click on the Preferences and select the video tab, the top item called Dynamic RAM preview max (MB) you can adjust this amount. I can't recommend what setting you should use. I just don't know.

I use Windows XP. I do a lot of editing, deleting files etc.. I would recommend doing a defrag every week or so. I need to do this but Vista may do something really cleaver that I don't know about.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast