Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone in the "industry" ?

Default anyone in the "industry" ?

or are we a mainly a bunch of keen armatures

Blog Entries

I couldn't be further away from the 'industry'. There's a few lurkers and regular posters that either earn 100% of their income from video or earn a significant income.

What would you define the industry to be? Means different things to different people.

Blog Entries

I am a very keen amateur. Not so much of a hobby, more of an obsession.

There is a splattering of pro, semi pro and occasional pro videographers here but I like the fact that it's not about what you do elsewhere but what you show here.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    I couldn't be further away from the 'industry'. There's a few lurkers and regular posters that either earn 100% of their income from video or earn a significant income.

What would you define the industry to be? Means different things to different people.
    ahh ,sorry what i meant by in the industry would be someone who earns their living in tv/film, be it camera, lighting, sound, brewing the tea etc ..... not in front of the camera

Quote Originally Posted by The Gaffer View Post
    ut I like the fact that it's not about what you do elsewhere but what you show here.
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by The Gaffer View Post
    I am a very keen amateur. Not so much of a hobby, more of an obsession.

There is a splattering of pro, semi pro and occasional pro videographers here but I like the fact that it's not about what you do elsewhere but what you show here.
    Did u get the sack then?

I am a pro obviously - I taught Kieslowski all he knows - and Spielberg ( for the mooks )

I'm a keen amateur videographer with ambitions of grandeur. In my youth I was a semi pro musician but that soon ended when I realised I had to earn money to live.

So I took a break for a few decades and now I'm back on the creative road again.

Blog Entries

No, I didn't get the sack... but, on this forum, I'm an amateur and in awe of the Shrimpys, Midnights, Marcs, Tims et al who produce such excellent stuff with such little gear. I find that those who keep going on about being in "the industry" tend to be more wannabee than employed. Beware of anyone who uses the term "industry" they tend to dish out spoonfulls of bullshit.

When it comes to respect for video makers, the wedding guys are the ones to look up to, not posers (me included) in "the industry" who have a whole team to support us.

Yea - I underantd - was being obtuse for fun.

And why no Vertovian / zaskar on your list then - see me after class.

edit - and after all you were / are a great influence on my creative direction - really.
    Last edited by vertovian; 02-09-2010 at 05:06 PM.

I have never been in the industry but I have now read two books on the subject which makes me really dangerous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast