Crackling noise - is it frequency
Started on videostudio on NT2000 but shifted up to Premier Pro and XP, added memory up to 1mb thanks to advice some weeks ago from Marc Peters. Great software.
Everything going really well until I recently finalised my long film onto dvd using encore.
The sound is very crackly when the original audio is playing with the background music. I have read around and accept that it most likely because I have not matched audio on my item.
1. My Sony dc trv14e was recording at 32kHz (can be adjusted to 48kHz)
2. Timeline was set at 48kHz
3. I import background music at 44.1kHz (this seems to be the music CD standard)
In summary I had 32, 44.1 and 48kHz mixed in and causing the intermittent crackling.
So, THE BIG QUESTIONS ARE.........
1. Is it best to lower the Sony and timeline to 32kHz or raise both to 48kHz?
2. Does it have to be an exact match ? (In which case how do I raise or lower the 44.1 kHz from the music CD?
3. Is there any way of previewing if the problem will exist pre-encoding?
4. Is it possible to remove the crackles from existing projects without haveing to go through a lengthy re-edit?
My questions come after much time of searching for answers on FAQ's etc so I am at a loss.
AMD athlon 2000, Deskstar 80gb, Spinpoint 160gb, 1gb mem, Radion 9000, Pioneer A107 8x +/- drd rw, XP, Premier Pro
Handycam: Sony DCR-TRV14E. Firewire