Thread: awful performance in Vegas Pro

Default awful performance in Vegas Pro

i'm running Sony Vegas Pro 8.0 and experience a hell of a workflow with the worst performance ever

i'm currently working with a RAW of an anime episode at 640x480, 8-bit and preview window set to Draft (quarter)

despite the horribly low settings, my cpu jumps to 100% all the time and the preview window shows nothing but heavy lags and delays of several seconds

i've even closed every other running process that i believe could be interrupting, including Windows Search Index and Norman real time virus search...yet it doesn't seem to have any effect

working under these circumstances is indeed depressing as hell

i'm running Vista Home Premium SP2 with an AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53 (2 CPUs), ~1.7GHz and 2 GB RAM...and if display device even matters, it's an NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M with 793 MB Display Memory

the source material i'm workin with is an AVI container with an MPEG-4 encoded video stream at ~2400 kbps, 640x480

i guess my laptop isn't the top notch equipment to use for mediocre video editing...but seriously, how bad can this really be ?

MPEG 4 says it all, Vegas 9 handles it better, try converting to a more nuetral formal, (neoscene will do it i think)

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    MPEG 4 says it all, Vegas 9 handles it better, try converting to a more nuetral formal, (neoscene will do it i think)
    i used SUPER to convert the video stream from WMV3 VC-1 in the first place, as Vegas wouldn't load the video stream

is there any way to fix this btw ? and if not : what other formats would you suggest i covert to ?

Easy - dont be a mook be man. Get a camera - film stuff - edit that.
    Anything lifted from the net is vile to edit - even after conversion, it it converts, it still can be horrible to edit.

Unless you cant leave the house that is - then - rip from dvds - then smooth to edit.