Thread: importing commercial DVds

1. Default importing commercial DVds

is it because copyright that commercial DVD arent compatible with vegas? is there a way around it?

Quote Originally Posted by seawasp View Post
    is there a way around it?
    Eh? I make copyrighted DVDs for clients. My biz relies on being able to do this and allow my clients some sense of security with what they are purchasing. So I'm guessing your request about "a way around", if I WAS to "assist" would be like a turkey voting for Christmas?

There are others here who make DVDs for celebrations and Weddings, I'm guessing they'd be clambering over themselves to give you a way to copy DVDs. Yup, I can hear them now making a rush to their keyboards to help?

Breaking copyright is illegal. If you have had your own original work "stolen" by this method you'd not be asking the question? But then again I'd be thinking you'd HAVE your own original work in the first place to have had it stolen - stoopid me!!
    Last edited by Grazie; 02-07-2010 at 11:38 AM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Eh? I make copyrighted DVDs for clients. My biz relies on being able to do this and allow my clients some sense of security with what they are purchasing. So I'm guessing your request about "a way around", if I WAS to "assist" would be like a turkey voting for Christmas?

There are others here who make DVDs for celebrations and Weddings, I'm guessing they'd be clambering over themselves to give you a way to copy DVDs. Yup, I can hear them now making a rush to their keyboards to help?

Breaking copyright is illegal. If you have had your own original work "stolen" by this method you'd not be asking the question? But then again I'd be thinking you'd HAVE your own original work in the first place to have had it stolen - stoopid me!!

mate, easy. im merely taking snippets of surfing from other local surf movies after already contacting the producers of the movies, who have all said it was cool aslong as i put them in the credits. i just thought it would be less of a drama for THEM if i just rip from their DVDs instead of making them look thru archives of high res files

Can you tell us how you've been trying to import the DVD. Did you select import DVD or just copy the .vob files onto the timeline ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seawasp View Post
    mate, easy. im merely taking snippets of surfing from other local surf movies after already contacting the producers of the movies, who have all said it was cool aslong as i put them in the credits.
    That's cool, but you you must admit that your original question gave no hint of that and I'm not surprised by Grazies reaction at all.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Assuming you have the appropriate permission... you can use DVD decrypter.

Not so fast Prendegast.....

It aint that simple except in protect my forum arse ways - which I appreciate.

Stated bluntly, much of what is written at the start of a DVD is designed to scare you and has no relation to the actual laws. It is also debatable that the notice itself is impeachable as it gives misleading advice - but only a zealot would push that I think.

Dont anyone rant that I am mad without checking pleasse cos it is true. And no I am not endorsing wholesale stealing of media.