Thread: Canon XHA1 to iMAC MB950B/A: What Firewire?

Default Canon XHA1 to iMAC MB950B/A: What Firewire?

As a budding moviemaker, I have just bought my first Apple computer - iMAC MB950A/B. Great...except I can no longer download DV mini-tapes from Canon XHA1. Apple has 800port firewire connection. My cable, which worked fine downloading from camera to PC's, of course isn't compatible. Apple say speak to Canon... you know the rest.
    Is there someone out there who can suggest cable/adaptor/connector that can get this system working, please?

Blog Entries

Easy... Just get an adapter

Sonnet - FireWire 400 to 800 Adapter

It's not a problem although I can't understand why the new imacs don't have both 800 and 400 ports, we're talking about a couple of dollars here. There are a few adapters available, the Sonnettech is just a suggestion.

Welcome to the world of white... You might be interested in the forum's "White Room" for all things Mac.