Thread: How can I mute a few seconds on a video? Pinnacle studio ultimate 12

Exclamation How can I mute a few seconds on a video? Pinnacle studio ultimate 12

HI!

Im using pinnacle studio ultimate 12. And I am going to make a video. But Im gonna add a bleep sound, when people swears. I can add the sound, but I can't find a way to mute only the 1 second when they say the word.

Can anybody help me with this? Thank you

Put the cursor on the volume line on the audio track it will change to a speaker with an arrow. Click the mouse and move it slightly a little square will appear on the volume line. Do this again until you have four little square on the volume line one just before the point you want to mute and the end one just after this point. drag the other two down as far as it will go. You may need to readjust the main volume if you dragged it up or down.

This will now make a muted point in the volume track.

You could if you feel brave adjust the volume slider as the track is playing and then adjust the points with the mouse to fine tune the volume.

Put the bleep on the other audio line.

It's a lot easier to do than explain.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 02-04-2010 at 07:11 PM.

You could try copy and paste the video's audio track into the audio time line underneath. then use the razor blade (under video preview screen) cut out the bit you dont want then insert the beep.

Or insert the beep into the audio timeline and go to tools volume control and turn up the volume for the beep so its louder than the sound track.

Hope this helps.

How can I delete only the audio line when I have copyed it? The one right under the video...When I delete it, the video gets deleted to

Just lock the video track, then you can delete the audio track without the video track being affected.

Thanks MB I'll remember that one as well.