Thread: digital-director.co.uk

Blog Entries

Default digital-director.co.uk

Could I ask that anyone linking to www.marcpeters.co.uk change the URL to www.digital-director.co.uk?

If you're not linking and have a website, go on, give us a link

Marc

Blog Entries

New article posted at digital-director - "Scream if you want to go faster".

Attempts to explain RAID arrays so that a typical digital-director user can understand it:

http://www.digital-director.co.uk/gu...editing-80.htm

Blog Entries

Short article on my eventual method of increasing my storage capacity.

http://www.digital-director.co.uk/gu...ng-sata-81.htm

From Marc's article,

My current viditing PC has 5 drives with room for further expansion
    GULP. How much storage is that in Gb then? (Or should I say terrabytes)

COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

Blog Entries

As two of them are WD Raptors at 37GB, it still weighs in at less than 1000GB!

Blog Entries

As you may know, I foolishly decided to change the mainsite URL from marcpeters.co.uk to digital-director.co.uk

The main site has been growing since 2001 and the logs before the move showed daily unique visits of around 4,000 users. Unfortunately I neglected to follow the latest search engine news before the change - it seems google is treating new domains badly and it is strongly advised that you under no circumstances change your domain name.

Oops.

What does this mean for you? Well, this site exists as an extension of marcpeters.co.uk (now known as digital-director.co.uk), and is wholy paid for by advertising revenue from that site. Since then change, google has been dropping the marcpeters.co.uk site pages and picking up the equivalent pages in the new site. Unfortunately, although the pages are being indexed, they are not featuring high in SERPS as the new site does not have any Page Rank.

This change is now irreversible as I've already changed too many backlinks. So I've got to try and ride it out. I'm a bit pissed off by this as it's taken a lot of my time to get the site changes underway, only to be dropped by google.

Do you want to help? We need backlinks to www.digital-director.co.uk. If you have a relevant site, please consider linking. Until the site's picked up in google (some estimates are that the current google trend could last years!), I'm relying on other search engines and links.

It doesn't help that at the same time, a well established site has picked up on video editing and is starting to launch an offensive in combination with DV Doctor. Their aim is to be the number one video editing site accross the board from beginners to professionals.

A worrying trend is that any article they write is instantly picked up by hundreds of bulletin boards in the gaming community. A search for Tenomichi 3D edit (the most recent article featured on the site) shows the first ten results all pointing to their site, or an article in a forum pointing to their article. I have been reduced to the second page. I would have been number one before the domain name change.

I will continue to write my reviews and guides from a complete amateurs perspective. Digital Director is and always will be dedicated to the beginner and enthusiast - everything is relevant to you. I don't want to be an all encompassing behemoth!

Anyways, just a short rant to say that despite noone reading the site anymore, I will continue to try and serve the beginner!

Marc Peters
    Digital Director

You know, it's all too easy to take sites like this for granted - a wonderful resource and completely free. Sometimes, it's good to be reminded that somewhere, some poor bastard is going through all kinds of hell just to make it so for no other reason (just about) than sheer altruism and love of the subject. Your grief and hassle on our behalf are much appreciated, Marc. Fingers crossed that it all works out in the end.
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...

Blog Entries

I've posted a review of Magic Bullet Editors. I've also changed the format of the reviews, adding more pictures (Mike), and splitting it into sections.

http://www.digital-director.co.uk/gu...eview-1-85.htm

Blog Entries

In a futile attempt, I've temporarily reverted to marcpeters.co.uk. I'll keep all the backlinks as digital-director.co.uk and hopefully the 301 redirect will tell google that it's now back to marcpeters.co.uk and the backlinks to dd.co.uk will count to mp.co.uk.

Don't reckon it will work, nd will probably make things worse. Buy hey ho!