Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Sony vegas, no video only audio with AVI

  1. #1

    Default Sony vegas, no video only audio with AVI

    Hi forum,

    I have installed Sony Vegas Pro 9.0 (64 bit) on my computer with Windows 7.

    First of all, i have converted a MKV-file into an AVI-file to use in sony vegas pro 9.0. When i import my .avi file and drag that file to the audio and video track to the timeline only the audio part shows up. I've been looking all over the internet and download many codecs (even the windows 7 codec pack) and GSpot says i have the codec i need i still can not seem to fix the problem. Importing a mp4 file and dragging it into the audio and video track timeline both show up and can play the video perfectly in vegas.

    The .avi file i am talking about can be played by windows media player, the problem is just the dragging the file to the video track timeline which doesn't work. Converting this avi file to a mp4 file will take another 10 hours :(

    I hope you can help me with this.
    Last edited by Marijn; 02-03-2010 at 07:15 PM.

  2. #2

    Default

    My first thought would be a codec problem but you say after checking with Gspot that you have the correct codec so it's a mystery to me. I still suspect this or a corrupt file.

  3. #3

    Default

    So i've installed the codecs, even MJPEG (motion JPEG) for 64 bit version. Installing codecs means that i can play them on media players right? I mean, i can import the .avi file, but only the video part on the timeline is missing Does this have to do anything with rendering?
    Last edited by Marijn; 02-03-2010 at 07:44 PM.

  4. #4

    Default

    I understand that if you can play it in Windows Media Player that should mean you have the right codec. So like I said it's a mystery to me. Hopefully more experts will come on line soon.

  5. #5

    Default

    I know, im sorry i repeated my problem

  6. #6

    Default

    There is more to AVi then meets the eye, do a search on this forums this has been raised many times

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    There is more to AVi then meets the eye, do a search on this forums this has been raised many times
    Oke, i will!

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marijn View Post
    First of all, i have converted a MKV-file into an AVI-file to use in sony vegas pro 9.0.
    How? - What and where did you convert this file on? What parameters did you set for the conversion?

    My thoughts are that whatever you did to convert is not being liked by Vegas. Having all the different CODECS you appear to have, is leading me to think you have entered CODEC-Wars: Players are getting to use the CODECS and Vegas is not.

    Had you tried to open this file directly in Vegas?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    How? - What and where did you convert this file on? What parameters did you set for the conversion?

    My thoughts are that whatever you did to convert is not being liked by Vegas. Having all the different CODECS you appear to have, is leading me to think you have entered CODEC-Wars: Players are getting to use the CODECS and Vegas is not.

    Had you tried to open this file directly in Vegas?
    Just checked the parameters and the video encoding was set on MPEG4(Xvid).

    So you're saying i should remove all the codecs and just have the one i need for playing it in the media player?

    I've also opened the file directly into it with the option 'open with' and selected vegas, still only audio.
    Last edited by Marijn; 02-04-2010 at 10:20 AM.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marijn View Post
    Just checked the parameters and the video encoding was set on MPEG4(Xvid).
    Do you know that Vegas will read this Xvid file? Do we?


    Quote Originally Posted by Marijn View Post
    So you're saying i should remove all the codecs and just have the one i need for playing it in the media player?
    No I did not say that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marijn View Post
    I've also opened the file directly into it with the option 'open with' and selected vegas, still only audio.
    On the Timeline? Do you have your Trimmer set to control Preview? What Happens if you drag it to Trimmer?

    Why did you convert to XviD anyway?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Audio issues while ediing on Vegas Pro, video taken on Sony DCR-SR45 Camcorder
    By geemanis in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 07:04 PM
  2. No Audio in Sony Vegas Pro 8.
    By Sonikku Gamer in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 02:49 AM
  3. Sony Vegas 8.0 - audio/video not grouped properly
    By crazyporridge in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-14-2009, 03:44 PM
  4. Sony Vegas 7.0, My video (.avi) is only giving me the audio.
    By DpDr in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2008, 11:46 PM
  5. Sony Vegas 8 Audio Help
    By noeylani94 in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 08:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •