Thread: I've never made a video

Default I've never made a video

Hi, I hope this is the right section for this >_< Ok, here's my issue

I've never once recorded any type of video on anything outside of a VCR. Now I find myself in the fun situation of getting a pretty nice computer (i7 Quad Core, 6gb ram, 2TB memory, Radeon 5870, HD monitor with 1920 x 1080....not sure if any other info might help). Anyways, the point is I'm getting the computer so I can play some of the better MMOs out there in good quality, and I'm very much interested in making my own videos. And by videos I don't just mean one 10 minute clip of me running around killing mobs. I want to take multiple small clips and put them to music with sweet transitions and things like that.

Problem: I barely know what I'm talking about, let alone doing.

From what I gather, I'm going to need these three things to get this up and running properly. I could be and kind of hope I'm wrong on this, but from what I can gather this is what I'll need:

FRAPs to record
    Adobe Elements 8 to Edit
    Quicktime Pro to compress

Please, any tips, tricks, or simply links to similar posts are very much appreciated. Do I need all three of those programs to accomplish this, or are they overlapping? Any help is good help >_<

2. Default

I think it takes too long to explain the whole process , my suggestion is "YouTube"
    it shows you everything in details and you can go back and fourth !!
    Just type your question there ..for example :

How to make a music video
    or some !!

Thanks for the response, I was actually just about to go do that >_<

4. Default

My suggestion is to start off with Sony Vegas, its a video editing program that is very very easy to use I am using the version 9.0.

type something like "how to create a music video with sony vegas" in youtube

there are many different programs for video editing
    i use
    sony vegas 9.0
    adobe after effect
    adobe premiere pro

I suggest Sony Vegas , its very powerful and user friendly ..I have made over 20 music videos with it so far !!

once you learn that , then you can work with more powerful editing programs such as Adobe After Effect , Premiere and much more !!

What about a video camera ?

i get the impression he will be using game footage !?!?

I guessed that but I thought if I plant the seed it might just grow.

For the time being I'm trying to keep my costs as low as possible, so I'll probably end up using the full version of FRAPS for recording ($37) and then just use a free video editor like Windows Movie Maker. After I get used to making videos and get some more money I'll upgrade to a good movie editor such as Vegas

Sensible start.