Thread: A Loud HISS on opening Pinnacle Studio v9 SE

Default A Loud HISS on opening Pinnacle Studio v9 SE

Hi Folks,
    I have just loaded Pinnacle Studio v9 SE onto my PC so that I can edit my mini Digital Camcorder footage and burn to DVD.
    I have an eMachines 770, 2.4Ghz Pentium 4 PC with 512Mb RAM, 80Gb HD with a 250Gb USB2 LaCie Hard Drive and a Sony DRX530 UL DVD Burner, So I should have plenty of speed, RAM and Hard Disc space.
    When I launch Studio v9 with the latest patches to 9.3.5.10 and go to the Guided Tour everything is fine, then I open the operational part and a very loud hiss comes from the speakers, it makes you jump out of your skin. I have disconnected the speakers by plugging in a headset and the hiss is still there. When I close Studio v9 the hissing stops.
    Pinnacle Support has not come up with any solution yet.
    I have other editing software, MovieMaker2, Serif MoviePlus and Ulead Video Studio 6SE which do not have this problem. (All of my audio is wma)
    I am trying to find One piece of software which can reasonably cope with Capture, Editing and Burning, but each one has some drawback.
    Has anyone else encountered anything like this? I am still a newbie at this.
    Any Tips would be gratefully received
    Brian
    Unshared Joy is an Unlighted Candle
    eMachines 770, Pentium 4, 2.4Ghz, 80Gb HDD, 512 Mb RAM, Firewire, Pinnacle Rave PCTV, LaCie 250 Gb USB 2.0 HDD with a Sony DRX 530 UL USB 2.0 DVD Re-Writer, Canon MVX200i Mini DV & Sony TRV59E Hi-8 Camcorders.

Blog Entries

Do you have the camcorder on at the time? Sounds like feedback.

Default A Loud HISS on opening Pinnacle Studio v9 SE

Hi Marc,
    No I don't have a camcorder connected. I was just trying to use the 'sample clips'. I have since found out the following: If I click on the Capture Tab, the HISS appears to move onto the Capture Screen, but if I now click on the Edit Tab again, I get the Edit Screen WITHOUT the HISS, Happy Days, although the HISS is still present on the Capture Screen. Strange One This. I have kept Pinnacle advised on this one.
    I had already un-installed and re-installed Studio v9, which did not make any diference. I started to keep my latest avi files on the LaCie USB2 250Gb HDD because I did not want to run out of disc space on my C: drive. When I try to access these files from Pinnacle Studio v9, it cannot open them, they were captured using MovieMaker2 and saved as avi files as I wanted to be able to edit them on the PC.
    That's about it for now
    Regards
    Unshared Joy is an Unlighted Candle
    eMachines 770, Pentium 4, 2.4Ghz, 80Gb HDD, 512 Mb RAM, Firewire, Pinnacle Rave PCTV, LaCie 250 Gb USB 2.0 HDD with a Sony DRX 530 UL USB 2.0 DVD Re-Writer, Canon MVX200i Mini DV & Sony TRV59E Hi-8 Camcorders.

Default Re: A Loud HISS on opening Pinnacle Studio v9 SE

Quote Originally Posted by Dancer
    ... then I open the operational part and a very loud hiss comes from the speakers, it makes you jump out of your skin.
    That would be a wail of despair from the eveil voodoo spirits trapped within. :twisted: