Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rendering single clips from a timeline

1. Default rendering single clips from a timeline

gday all,

im splitting up a clip into a 100 little clips on the timeline and want to render each little clip without deleting/cutting the other clips from the timeline.

im sure its simple but im new to this software.

an answer would be much appreciated.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seawasp View Post
    im splitting up a clip into a 100 little clips on the timeline
    Why?

. . . without deleting/cutting the other clips from the timeline.
    OK, two questions:

1] Why? Why would you want to render out clips from something you are still working on? There maybe be another, easier way to assist you in your workflow . . .

2] What version of Vegas are you using?

3. Default

well im editing video complimations of surfing and i need to split the clips for each individual and then render that individuals clips for archiving and then yes, i plan to work on them later.

so i intended to render them uncompressed. but im just wonder if there is a way to render selected clips only.

im using vegas pro 9

thanks mate

Blog Entries

Yes - well one at a time, yes. Make a selection of the clip you want to render, and render, making sure you select "Render selection only"

But if your purpose is to save space by delteing all the rubbish (do you really needto save that space) then consider simply removing the rubbish so you just have the good clips one after another. Place make each "clip" a region. and when you render ensure you "Save markers". When you bring tis into another project later, all the regions will be nicely marked out and splitting will be a cinch.

But even better than that would be to right click on each clip you want to keep and click "Create Subclip". This doesn't physically create anything but an entry in your Project Media window, which you can name and treat just as if it were a separate clip.

I've not given step by step instructions here (Vegas is rendering at the moment - so the above is from memory) but checkout regions and subclips, either or both of which will be very useful to you.
    Tim

well im editing video complimations of surfing and i need to split the clips for each individual and then render that individuals clips for archiving and then yes, i plan to work on them later.
    - So, will you be retaining the original footage or not?

so i intended to render them uncompressed. but im just wonder if there is a way to render selected clips only.
    - If you ARE retaining the footage then just create SubClips. As long as you have the footage then you can return.

OK, you can not easily batch render Events. To do this easily you will need to convert each Event into a Region. I have a couple of plugins that wil do this for me. However, VP9c DOES come with its OWN Region Batch Renderer - but you STILL have to convert each Event into a Region. Now, there may be some "free" script that WILL convert Events to Regions, you will have to search for it.

If others know of a simpler way, I am all ears!!!

6. Default

thanks, they are both helpful but surely there is a way of ctrl selecting a number of clips from the timeline and just rendering the selected clips?

Dont ever render anything uncompressed.

No point and it is fiddly to edit and fills drives stupidly fast.

Blog Entries

thanks, they are both helpful but surely there is a way of ctrl selecting a number of clips from the timeline and just rendering the selected clips?
    No. Grazie has already answered that.
    "OK, you can not easily batch render Events. To do this easily you will need to convert each Event into a Region. I have a couple of plugins that wil do this for me. However, VP9c DOES come with its OWN Region Batch Renderer - but you STILL have to convert each Event into a Region"
    What you refer to as a "clip" is a trimmed piece of footage on the timeline - what in Vegas parlance as correctly used by Grazie is an "Event".

If you'd created these events as Regions rather than events the Batch Render scripts would do the job for uyou as Grazie described. But as you've jumpred the gun, you'll need to convert to enevts to regions in order to do the batch render.

With the subclips and regions options why do you need to render each event out separately?
    Tim

9. Default

yeh ok, im learning as i go and teaching myself so im probably been doing things the hard way. ok so ive got 100 trimmed pieces of footage on the timeline(these are events right?) and i want to render say 10 at a time. i dont understand most of the terminology. so how do i batch them to a region and then render that region specifically?

10. Default

how do i render selection only like you say Tim?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast