Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another musical video attempt

Smile Another musical video attempt

Hi, friends. I'm still being an amateur home movie maker. But maybe this one makes more sense. Again, I'm a musician but I like video editing and any feedback is really appreciated, thanx.

Ok that's what the first one should have been. It's very good AND perhaps you have to be familiar with video editing to realise how much work went into it. Very good tight editing. Music and musicianship excellent.

Ok buddy you have now shown you can do that type of video. Now it's time to bring things up a notch. Your music is just to good to keep it in your bed room, by that I mean it's time to get creative with the camera to match the high quality of the music. You are a very creative person. How about applying that to the videography to come up to the creativeness of the music.

I'm not knocking what you have done It's great but I feel with a bit of effort you could achieve great videos, you have the talent, it would be a shame to waste it.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 01-31-2010 at 07:22 PM.

wow, awesome job jcp
    congratulations!
    GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition
    GoPro Hero

• Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 with 16 GB RAM
    with Intel Iris Pro Graphics + AMD Radeon R9 M370X / 2GB GDDR5 memory
    • Avid Media Composer v8.3
    • Baselight 4.3.5
    • DaVinci Resolve 12
    • Avid Artist Color
    • Adobe After Effect CS6

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Ok that's what the first one should have been.
    But then if it was, your second one wouldn't have been an improvement

Good to see you've taken on board much of what was said and put it to good use. I wasn't too keen on the constant dissolves, but I did like the composite near the end showing two guitars.
    I felt we should have seen more of a close up of your left hand when the fast arpeggios first entered.

Very enjoyable (though I preferred the music in the first one)
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Ok that's what the first one should have been. It's very good AND perhaps you have to be familiar with video editing to realise how much work went into it. Very good tight editing. Music and musicianship excellent.

Ok buddy you have now shown you can do that type of video. Now it's time to bring things up a notch. Your music is just to good to keep it in your bed room, by that I mean it's time to get creative with the camera to match the high quality of the music. You are a very creative person. How about applying that to the videography to come up to the creativeness of the music.

I'm not knowing what you have done It's great but I feel with a bit of effort you could achieve great videos, you have the talent, it would be a shame to waste it.
    Thanx, buddy

Ok, that is a very good musical performance indeed and I really liked the track. Now I enjoy seeing you playing and your cool studio, but you really now need to break out of the studio and show visuals that compliment what your music is about.

Maybe have a go at green screening your performance and then drop in some interesting backgrounds. Easier said than done of course but it will take you to a new level with your video editing.

I am not a musician but I was wondering as I listened to you play, does the music have a story or a theme? What pictures do you see when you listen to it?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    wow, awesome job jcp
    congratulations!
    Thanx, Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpfarmer View Post
    Ok, that is a very good musical performance indeed and I really liked the track. Now I enjoy seeing you playing and your cool studio, but you really now need to break out of the studio and show visuals that compliment what your music is about.

Maybe have a go at green screening your performance and then drop in some interesting backgrounds. Easier said than done of course but it will take you to a new level with your video editing.

I am not a musician but I was wondering as I listened to you play, does the music have a story or a theme? What pictures do you see when you listen to it?
    Thanks, Shrimpfarmer, may be takes more time, but maybe is time to take it seriuoslly I've heard (and seen) good ideas here. Thank you (very usefull).

Amasing all round performance....

I agree with the comments already made. He must be Superman, with all those fast costume changes....LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast