Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HD wedding showreel

Default HD wedding showreel

Just wanted to show some of my 2009 wedding photography to you videointerested guys. The stillimages and the one video part is shot with my Canon 5D mkII and edited in Lightroom/Photoshop and iMovie.

Would love som feedback and contructive critisism!

My 2009 HD video showreel can be viewed here:

Best Regards,
    Mads Dreier

Mads Dreier Photography
    Mads Dreier Photography | Facebook

Nice shots very nicely put together.

Not much to critic here.
    Nicely composed and chosen shots. Simple yet slick presentation with good music. Nice job.

I liked the desaturated look and the vignetting. The photos were great; you seem to have all the "standard wedding shots" down, plus a talent for portraiture. As for the slide show, it was clean and professional-looking. Nothing much to criticize. If this is going to be used for advertising your services, I think it will be effective.

Blog Entries

Am I the only person who thought many of the shots looked overexposed? eg: 0:32 I can only assume given the obvious competence that this look is intentional.
    Tim

I like what you have achieved as an overall piece however the photo album effect becomes a little repetitive which is a shame. I would urge you to include more video shots as the effect of a photo coming to life is great.

Now I am no photographer so what do I know, but the shot on the album cover, does that picture have sufficient looking room for the bride?

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Am I the only person who thought many of the shots looked overexposed? eg: 0:32 I can only assume given the obvious competence that this look is intentional.
    I think most of us realised the stylisation of the photos just like the ones that are washed out and indeed some that are underexposed. I don't think it distracts form been a great photo album. One that I would be pleased to have of my "special day".

I agree with Shrimpy that making the photos come to life looks cool. He said trying to sound like a teenager. lol

Blog Entries

OK. It's just me then. I don't mind styalised but personally I wouldn't want anything that removes detail from the subject. I'm just too literal.
    Tim

Really nice photo's and I think it's great.
    But uhm maybe a strange question, are these 2 different couples? or is the woman first married to 1 guy and then to another?
    seems a bit strange like, in the beginning she married to a guy with eyebrows and a chisseled chin, and then onwards she's marrying this guy with tweezed eyebrows and a different face.
    could be that I'm just not seeing straight or something.
    (btw no offence intended)

Thank you all for commenting and coming with critisism!

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    The look is actually intentional! I try to make every photography something special...whatever it takes

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpfarmer View Post
    I like what you have achieved as an overall piece however the photo album effect becomes a little repetitive which is a shame. I would urge you to include more video shots as the effect of a photo coming to life is great.

Now I am no photographer so what do I know, but the shot on the album cover, does that picture have sufficient looking room for the bride?
    Well this video is my first....and you are spot on with your comment about it getting a little repetitive But I liked the song so much that I made the video fit it length. I did not make any real video at the two weddings I attented last year...but after working with the 5D mkii video on my new 27" iMac a whole new world has opened up for me...the old computer could not handle the HD video at all! So now I look forward to next summer

Many of the photos are vertical shots and are zoomed in on. The picture on the front of the book is actually quite big: http://iloapp.madsdreier.dk/data/_ga...27_resized.jpg but the viewer of the video cant see this....so I see what you mean

Quote Originally Posted by brandtflames View Post
    Really nice photo's and I think it's great.
    But uhm maybe a strange question, are these 2 different couples? or is the woman first married to 1 guy and then to another?
    seems a bit strange like, in the beginning she married to a guy with eyebrows and a chisseled chin, and then onwards she's marrying this guy with tweezed eyebrows and a different face.
    could be that I'm just not seeing straight or something.
    (btw no offence intended)
    No....not a strange question! Yes it is two different couples...!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast