Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: HD wedding showreel

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    5

    Default HD wedding showreel

    Just wanted to show some of my 2009 wedding photography to you videointerested guys. The stillimages and the one video part is shot with my Canon 5D mkII and edited in Lightroom/Photoshop and iMovie.

    Would love som feedback and contructive critisism!

    My 2009 HD video showreel can be viewed here:

    Best Regards,
    Mads Dreier

    Mads Dreier Photography
    Mads Dreier Photography | Facebook

  2. #2

    Default

    Nice shots very nicely put together.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cumbria, Near the Lake district
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Not much to critic here.
    Nicely composed and chosen shots. Simple yet slick presentation with good music. Nice job.

  4. #4

    Default

    I liked the desaturated look and the vignetting. The photos were great; you seem to have all the "standard wedding shots" down, plus a talent for portraiture. As for the slide show, it was clean and professional-looking. Nothing much to criticize. If this is going to be used for advertising your services, I think it will be effective.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,849
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Am I the only person who thought many of the shots looked overexposed? eg: 0:32 I can only assume given the obvious competence that this look is intentional.
    Tim

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Haywards Heath, West Sussex, UK
    Posts
    870

    Default

    I like what you have achieved as an overall piece however the photo album effect becomes a little repetitive which is a shame. I would urge you to include more video shots as the effect of a photo coming to life is great.

    Now I am no photographer so what do I know, but the shot on the album cover, does that picture have sufficient looking room for the bride?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Am I the only person who thought many of the shots looked overexposed? eg: 0:32 I can only assume given the obvious competence that this look is intentional.
    I think most of us realised the stylisation of the photos just like the ones that are washed out and indeed some that are underexposed. I don't think it distracts form been a great photo album. One that I would be pleased to have of my "special day".

    I agree with Shrimpy that making the photos come to life looks cool. He said trying to sound like a teenager. lol

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,849
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    OK. It's just me then. I don't mind styalised but personally I wouldn't want anything that removes detail from the subject. I'm just too literal.
    Tim

  9. #9

    Default

    Really nice photo's and I think it's great.
    But uhm maybe a strange question, are these 2 different couples? or is the woman first married to 1 guy and then to another?
    seems a bit strange like, in the beginning she married to a guy with eyebrows and a chisseled chin, and then onwards she's marrying this guy with tweezed eyebrows and a different face.
    could be that I'm just not seeing straight or something.
    (btw no offence intended)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Thank you all for commenting and coming with critisism!

    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Am I the only person who thought many of the shots looked overexposed? eg: 0:32 I can only assume given the obvious competence that this look is intentional.
    The look is actually intentional! I try to make every photography something special...whatever it takes

    Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpfarmer View Post
    I like what you have achieved as an overall piece however the photo album effect becomes a little repetitive which is a shame. I would urge you to include more video shots as the effect of a photo coming to life is great.

    Now I am no photographer so what do I know, but the shot on the album cover, does that picture have sufficient looking room for the bride?
    Well this video is my first....and you are spot on with your comment about it getting a little repetitive But I liked the song so much that I made the video fit it length. I did not make any real video at the two weddings I attented last year...but after working with the 5D mkii video on my new 27" iMac a whole new world has opened up for me...the old computer could not handle the HD video at all! So now I look forward to next summer

    Many of the photos are vertical shots and are zoomed in on. The picture on the front of the book is actually quite big: http://iloapp.madsdreier.dk/data/_ga...27_resized.jpg but the viewer of the video cant see this....so I see what you mean


    Quote Originally Posted by brandtflames View Post
    Really nice photo's and I think it's great.
    But uhm maybe a strange question, are these 2 different couples? or is the woman first married to 1 guy and then to another?
    seems a bit strange like, in the beginning she married to a guy with eyebrows and a chisseled chin, and then onwards she's marrying this guy with tweezed eyebrows and a different face.
    could be that I'm just not seeing straight or something.
    (btw no offence intended)
    No....not a strange question! Yes it is two different couples...!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My Showreel
    By JakeCauty in forum User Videos
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 01:25 PM
  2. Showreel 2ndtake
    By thedigitalpunkz in forum User Videos
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 11:35 AM
  3. Wedding Showreel
    By GDR in forum Competition: "La Dolce Vita" (The Good Life)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-03-2007, 02:05 AM
  4. My Showreel....
    By CMS_Edit in forum Pimp the Link
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-22-2005, 03:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •