Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: decision on video that i made

Default decision on video that i made

Hey I want you guys to tell me what you think of my video. Please be critical don't hold back. it one of the first ones i made.
    Please make suggestions on future videos.

Thanks.

Hey! I this is called animation. Anyways, it was way too fast, so fast I didn't really understand what happened. I think taking more stills to created a better sense of motion, would help to prolong the sequences and give time to understand what's going on and it will also help to extend the time of the caption to read

I thought it was a bit short but I understand animation it very time consuming. What would have improved your movie would be to have some appropriate sound FX. Like car engines, crash noise. A movie without sound is like half a movie and I don't mean just putting some music over the top of it.

The music should be there to help create the right atmosphere to help tell the story. Work on that for your next movie and it will be twice as good. (if done right).

Blog Entries

A perfect response from Midnight. No need to say any more.
    Tim

Thanks for the advice. I'm a movieMaker user so i don't have nearly as much tools to use. For example the car noises or the crash noises, (i don't know where to get them). I think that i will try all of the tips you gave me. But, I need to know what software to use.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mikifiki View Post
    For example the car noises or the crash noises, (i don't know where to get them).
    I'll let you tell him Midnight.
    Tim

There is a website called FreeSoundProject if you give them a credit at the end of the video you can download their sound effects.

All this can be done in Windows Movie Maker.

Thanks can you explain the process or give me a link to something that does.

Go to the site in the link above and do a search for the type of sound you want and download them to your computer.

Open up Windows Movie Maker and put your video on the timeline. Then click on import audio and bring in the sound FX's you downloaded.

Place the appropriate sound under the portion of the video where you want it on the audio track, You may need to trim it or fade it out. This is the basics it's up to you to play around with it and make it as good as you can.

Thanks for the advice.

Right now i'm working on a video that my brother shot of a r/c car rock crawling. I'm editing and he wants me to put sounds (no music). I'm doing some truck noises for FX it's turning out o.k. to him. But i don't really think its near finished.

I'll post updates and please suggest what i should and should not be doing. Thanks
    Last edited by Mikifiki; 01-27-2010 at 01:38 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast