Thread: Please, please don't...

Blog Entries

Default Please, please don't...

This is an appeal to the PC owners out there who have something against Macs. Please leave us in peace. Go elsewhere and rant, this is a Mac space and we've fought hard to get it.

If you don't want to read about Macs, you don't have to come here. Otherwise it's a bit like walking into a signposted and fenced off nudist camp and then complaining that everyone's naked!

This is also an appeal to Mac owners... Those who own Macs know what they're like, we don't need to keep going on about it like born-again christians or ex-smokers and I would ask you not to bait the PC users by posting comments which are designed purely to upset them.

If you want to have a Mac vs. PC arguement, please go to another forum and do it there. This forum is for video editors, film and videomakers. There are more than enough computer forums which thrive on childish online fights. Let's not start all that shit here.

Moderators will delete any inflamatory comments and the poster will be banned.

Why are mac owners so defensive?
    It's cos they are wrong - DOH

I don't see a reason why to get into arguments. Whichever is better is not something to discuss here in this forum. Unfortunately people get all defensive, etc etc. Appreciate what you have and let the rest of the world be happy with what they have.
    GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition
    GoPro Hero

• Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 with 16 GB RAM
    with Intel Iris Pro Graphics + AMD Radeon R9 M370X / 2GB GDDR5 memory
    • Avid Media Composer v8.3
    • Baselight 4.3.5
    • DaVinci Resolve 12
    • Avid Artist Color
    • Adobe After Effect CS6

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Albert Einstein

Operating Systems are just tools needed to make a pieces of hardware function and run applications. There is no sense in arguments because all have some virtues and flaws. At the end the creator has the last word, you enjoy a good movie without asking if it was edited in Unix, Windows or OSX.
    Rick
    Prod/Editor
    www.editinglinks.com

True it's a dead argument these days, it's an argument about operating systems, I use both PC and Mac, for general everyday functions I prefer the PC for editing I prefer the Mac.

Video Production Services Company UK London

For editing I love Mac.

If I make a comparison between Mac and say a Dell (with Windows) with the same configuration - Mac would certainly get the winner ... no doubt.

Mac operating system comes from the linux (it is linux ...but different). It is much more stable and faster than any version of Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisstian View Post
    For editing I love Mac.

If I make a comparison between Mac and say a Dell (with Windows) with the same configuration - Mac would certainly get the winner ... no doubt.

Mac operating system comes from the linux (it is linux ...but different). It is much more stable and faster than any version of Windows.
    And so the argument starts lol!

Oh please...Your comparing a high end product with a smaller user base to a mass produced piece of...plastic hardware made for the masses.

I bought a custom bespoke windows 7 system recently...If I were to put the spec I put into this into a mac book pro case, I'd be spending £2600..Cost of mine? £1700

Yes macs have their place...and they shine where they are good but please...don't even try to compare a dell to an apple system, It's comparing a fine restaurant to McDonald's, Of course McDonald's is "not as good" but they have their place in the world too!

Mac comes preinstalled clean and light...most windows builds come preinstalled with all kinds of rubbish and are not configured properly, hence why OS-x looks so amazing!
    A properly maintained windows system is fantastic...don't diss us PC users just because you have had bad hardware in the past We like our PCs, same as you like your Macs
    Last edited by Bpotter908; 11-01-2011 at 06:53 PM.

funny thread !