Thread: DVD Sound Difficulties

Default DVD Sound Difficulties

When transferring vhs to dvd, i made a stupid mistake and plugged the vhs audio cord into the wrong audio socket this means my dvds only have sound coming from one side. I subsequently lost the original tapes to do another transferral.
    Is there a way for me to correct the sound to come out both sides?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuran333 View Post
    When transferring vhs to dvd, i made a stupid mistake and plugged the vhs audio cord into the wrong audio socket this means my dvds only have sound coming from one side. I subsequently lost the original tapes to do another transferral.
    Is there a way for me to correct the sound to come out both sides?
    you'd have to extract the audio file from the DVD and convert it to stereo and then reinsert into a new DVD version, it'll come out on both sides but you can't regain the original stereo

thanx, i've tried tht before but the sound comes out amazingly quiet. I'd need to multiply the volume about 20 times to get a regular sound. Is there a way to do that?

4. Default

Hi, well I would import the audio file into a DAW and physically look at it .. if its tiny, then you want it "normalized" so that the .wav form its at its highest possible peak.

While I prepare audio to send to film/video editors to import and author DVDs, I don't personally author them myself.

So, I can't tell you if there is or is not some sort of setting during the DVD authoring process that is involved here.

All I can say is make sure the audio is at its "loudest" when importing, which can be done by normalizing

5. Default

in other words, the normalizing process will automatically multiply it as many times as it needs to (20, 30, 100) in order for the sound to be as big as possible

"normalizing" is a pretty basic function that should be available in whatever DAW you're using .. just google "how to normalize in Logic" for example

You probably just panned the single track till it was center. Your suposed to duplicate the track and pan one hard left and the other hard right then add compression to low the volume.