Thread: Filmakers In Salford & Manchester - Another Filmonik Kabaret!

Default Filmakers In Salford & Manchester - Another Filmonik Kabaret!

Well I mentioned it last year, I went and I made films, met a great bunch of people and had a great time...

Filmonik... "Do well with nothing, do even better with a little, and do it now!"

... and now there's another on in April 9th to 18th. It costs no more than 10 and that for food and drink.

Basically Filmonik are a bunch of filmakers, actors, sound and camera people who make themselve available for 9 days and do nothing but film making. The results are varied, nothing is frowned upon and first timers who've lacked either the equipment, cast or encouragement can get it by the bucket load.

I'll post more details as I get them...

At what level is this aimed at ?

thanks for the heads up BTW

oh, and any links to films from the last event ?

cheers.

Literally all levels! From actors looking for something for their show reels to professionals. I went last year based on the grounds I used to do sound professionally. I did sound for a few films and then was encoraged (not forced, I stuck my had up and said I'd like to do...) my first film.

The results of mine can be seen at Operating Theatre Films - Writers and Directors of Short Films based in Salford and Manchester UK but bare in mind I've only directed 2 films so don't base too much on it.

Others are... ZFF and YouTube - thisiswhatihavedone's Channel

Then you would get a lot out of it James.

There's a Facebook group if you want to get info direct (link below) and there's the Bimonthly (every 2 months?) screening at The Deaf Institute on Grosvenor Street, Manchester M1 7HE on Sunday February 14th, 7.00pm till Late admission 3.

Login | Facebook

Here's more details... Everyone welcome!

Subject: FILMONIK KABARET MANCHESTER 2010
    PRE-KABARET MEETING. 6pm - 8pm Madlab, Edge Street M1 4NH

FILMONIK KABARET 2010 IS NEARLY HERE! And we hope you’ve been taking your vitamins in readiness. This will be nine-day marathon of flat out, peddle-to-the-metal 24 hour filmmaking, part creative boot-camp, part extended jam session. We are looking for directors, writers, actors, animators musicians, cameramen, lighting and sound people, creatives of all types who are up for a challenge and want to push themselves to the limit.

The Kabaret will kick off on Friday 9th April, 2010. And we will be hitting the ground running. There are films to be made and insane creative deadlines to be met. So we will not want to be wasting too much time on paperwork, rules and regulations, and general red tapery. This being the case, Filmonik is having a Pre-Kabaret meeting on Thursday April 8th, at MadLab for all interested parties. It will be possible to catch up after this if you are unable to attend, and we will be sending out email information to all committed participants in addition to this, but we still recommend people to attend if at all possible. This will be a time to ask questions, get your Kabaret pass sorted out, and meet your fellow creatives. A time to test the feasibility of what you want to do and plan your schedule accordingly.
    Join the meeting at this link

Filmonik Kabaret 2010 | Facebook

Anyone coming?