Thread: Guy Mannion Presents: Dan Priddy's 'Angel'

Smile Guy Mannion Presents: Dan Priddy's 'Angel'

Hey guys,

I'm Guy Mannion, a 17-year-old filmmaker from London, UK. And I just wanted to showcase some of my work to you. Here is a music video I created with a very talented man, Dan Priddy, back in the Summer 2009.

For more of my work, go to www.guymannion.co.uk

Blog Entries

Do you want constructive criticism or just to showcase? If the latter this should be in the "Pimp the Link" section under YouTube and channel pimpage.
    Tim

I welcome all criticism that you may or may not have.

many thanks, and i will take the 'Pimp Your Link' into consideration.

Blog Entries

Hmmm. I'm sure I posted a response to this yesterday. Presumably didn't hit the right key.

Anyway, I thought this shows you have plenty of talent and you have clearly got a long way towards mastering the tools at your disposal.

I thought all the post was well done. The composition of some of the shots didn't quite work for me - I'm not sure whether these were deliberatly stylised or poorly composed - I suspect the former.

Whilst I thought the different looks were executed well, I wasn't sure that they all worked well together - possibly too many different looks?

I'm very impressed that a youngster like you can manage to attract the attention of and work with someone who's clearly well on the way to becoming an established name.

Great stuff.
    Tim

I have a similar view as Tim about this so I won't repeat what Tim said. You show some great competence with your editing. The style of the video matched the song well.

I personally hate the shaky camera effect been used to much. It just makes my eyes wobble in their sockets. Another thing I didn't like was the graphics. I would go so far as to say do them again.

Just my opinion.

Over all a good job.

You understand it's not that I'm jealous that your only 17. honest no really it's not.