Thread: What’s Decrypter for?

Default What’s Decrypter for?

Almost every DVD disc is encrypted nowadays which prevents you from simply dragging and dropping its contents to your hard disk. DVDs are encrypted by CSS, which scrambles the DVD file as it is copied.

There are several tools available which can easily bypass this problem simply by decrypting the DVD's contents, such as DVD Decrypter, DVDFab Decrypter and Magic DVD Ripper.

While DVD Decrypter is a free tool that allows you to decrypt and copy DVDs to your PC's hard disk. From there you can watch them with the likes of WinDVD and PowerDVD, you can write them back to DVD-R / DVD-RW / DVD+R / DVD+RW / DVD+R DL / DVD-RAM media or you can convert them to VCD / SVCD / DivX for burning onto CD-R / CD-RW.

DVD Decrypter can write most types of CD / DVD images via its 'ISO Write' mode, and it supports all the latest writers (including booktype / bitsetting on many of the major ones - i.e. BenQ, LiteOn, NEC, Plextor, Sony). You can even use DVD Decrypter to erase / format your rewritable media!

And, If you further want to convert the contents of the DVD’s into other audio/video formats ,you can use iSharesoft DVD Ripper, which is powerful, easy to use helping you rip DVD to AVI, MPEG, DivX, VCD, WMV, ASF, VOB, MP3, WMA and other popular video and audio formats within a few clicks .

In the mean time there are many settings you can customize, such as ripping DVD by custom file size, spliting output file to fit your CD-R, rip DVD any segment, select target subtitle and audio track, and so on.

What ripping means? Ripping is the process of copying the audio and/or video data from one media form, such as Digital Versatile Disc (DVD) to a hard disk without the DVD copy protection screwing up your files.
    So a ripper is a program that allows you to break this encryption and "rip" out the files from the DVD, without it being turned into garbage data. Basically, it allows you to copy files from the DVD to your hard-drive successfully.
    The term "Ripping" comes from the extensive use of the term "CD Ripping", which means copying the audio from the CD digitally (bit for bit), as opposed to converting it to analog, and then let your sound card convert it back. Perhaps DVD Decryption is a better term to describe this process

a nice article helps me a lot

The education was great....

What ripping means? Ripping is the process of copying the audio and/or video data from one media form, such as Digital Versatile Disc (DVD) to a hard disk without the DVD copy protection screwing up your files.

To clear one thing up , this DOES NOT screw up your files, this protection is there to protect the copyright of the DVD. That's why its called 'Protection', its to protect against UNLAWFUL copying, duplication and distribution.

By By-Passing this protection, could be a criminal offense, depending on the laws of your country. If you like the DVD so much get the film makers permission.

BY NOT ILLEGALLY by passing the Protection. DVD are cheap enough...and keeps the industry going.

DON'T Breach copy write !!!

Last edited by zandebar; 01-21-2010 at 06:30 PM.

yes. i totally agree with you. the protection is for protcting the copyright of the DVD, we should not remove it for commercial purpose.

so the important thing is, for commercial purpose.

i think in most cases, we remove the protection of DVD we have paid, just for purpose of playing it on portable player, such as ipod, psp, so that we can enjoy the movie anywhere.

so i think it won't damage the development of whole DVd industry, just the opposite, if we can see moive not only on DVD player but also my mp4 player, it can stimulate consumption on DVD.

I see where you are coming from, Still DOESN'T Justify your approach.

However I do agree that something should be done in this area, so you can play PAID for DVD in different media.

This is interesting I remember when CD ripping was in this position. I was then changed because people went over to mp3 players. It will be interesting to see where this eventually ends up.

I think that DVD/cd's will die out:and be replaced by a memory stick rom....well thats my theory.

opening crypts.