Thread: Final Cut Pro problem :(

Default Final Cut Pro problem :(

Ok guys, I'm going insane with this problem. I have final cut pro 7 and I use the Flip video camera for shooting my own videos. This is the second time I run into this problem and I have no idea what is causing it... Drop frames? I don't know. Hopefully someone here can help me.

When I shoot a video, I can import it to FCP without a problem, it plays great in the timeline, but when I put a video on a second video track on top of another video, that's when the blinking starts.

Let's use this video sample I took as an example. I took a video of the empty road and then me walking across. I put each clip on video track 1 and 2. both with the same duration, with the purpose of lowering the opacity of the top track which is me walking so it looks like I fade away. the problem is that the top track keeps doing this blinking. I slowed down the video so you can see what I'm talking about.

Again, this always happens only when I put two or more tracks of videos taken with the flip camera.

Default not a fan of the Flip Mino

That sucks that you can't even do basic editing of Flip Mino footage without frames getting dropped. I don't own a Flip but I've seen one in action and how it has its own video footage importer software, which seems pretty clunky to me. Sounds like you may have to just upload video from handheld camcorders directly to YouTube. Here's a blog post I wrote warning people to beware the possible headache of buying a Flip (but I guess that won't help at this point).