Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iceland tour

Default Iceland tour

One of my favourite parts of a series I uploaded today. Its a slideshow to music with tiny bits of video as I only had a digital camera with me on the tour. I actually made this several months ago but lost the files. Found them today on a usb disk that got misplaced.

Shrimpy

Thanks for sharing; Iceland OH So beautiful.........Cheers enjoyed it!

Great images Shrimpy. I'm curious about the choice of music. Was it an Icelandic folk band ?

No, thats a track from Lord of the dance I think. The series of films were meant to be a whole, they were produced as mini films to be stitched together one day. That track was chosen to raise the tempo at that point. Reykjavik has one heck of a night life, or at least it did have before their current financial woes. These films was virtually my very first project with Premier Elements 7. I lost all the project files so they are as they are which is a bit rough when I look back on them now.

Shrimpy
    Last edited by Shrimpfarmer; 01-21-2010 at 12:23 AM.

So where are all the night life shots ?

I said it has a nightlife not that I partook of the nightlife (blimey I sound like Tim). Beer was about 7 a pint so I have to say we stayed by the van and drank our smuggled supply.

7 a pint.

I learned something new from this one! Whenever I've used stills like this, I have always made the "Ken Burns Effect" more pronounced, zooming waaay in/out, panning slowly across the scene, etc. This video showed me that movement can be given to still photos in a much more subtle way, and still be very effective. Thanks for posting.

I would loveeeee to go to Iceland one day. Thank you for sharing. The music it is one of my old times favorite. It is called Gypsy by Ronan Hardiman and it was used for some the Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance

Blog Entries

Great shots - I guess such a clear atmosphere helps.

I thought it was interesting the way you cut everything to the up beat (beat 4 in the bar). This always helps "push" a movie along. Cutting on the down beat (beat 1) is more common, but less imaginitive.

Having said that I found parts a bit too hypnotic: shot after shot cut exactly the same length with exactly the same amount of slow zoom into the middle. I'd have like to have seen more variety in the zooms - ie not always to the middle of the picture but towards a subject off centre, and more variety in the length of the shots.

As I said - that applies to parts. Other parts were far from hypnotic. The beginning was a very nice looking composite and I thought the video inserts worked well (especially with the subtle lens flare)
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast