Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Videos Advice Needed

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SASMAN View Post
    Sorry Jeb0007, Them cameras were sold on about 10 years ago lol. Ebay is probably the best place to find gear, or you could try these guys. they usually sell on older equipment, lenses etc on the cheap.

MVS VIDEO PRODUCTIONS
    OK thanks for the info . It was worth asking .. Thanks again..

Good thread.

I photographs weddings (if I really have to) I also video them with cameras at fixed points, I give the video to them free as an added extra.

Quote Originally Posted by JEB0007 View Post
    Hello SASMAN. I see you had a KY-17E. If for some reason it is not working anymore or you don't use it anymore I am looking for a lens replacement for mine..Hope you don't mind me asking.. Regards John
    Hmm - Funnily enough I have a JVC KY-17 packed away in my garage. If you're UK based . . .pm me.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

4. Default Jvc ky-17e

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Hmm - Funnily enough I have a JVC KY-17 packed away in my garage. If you're UK based . . .pm me.
    Oh really. Yes I am UK based. Are they working or not working. In theroy I only want the lens. Please advise Thanks John

One fortunate guy! Luckily I didn't bin this monster of a cam and John is almost on his way again with a new lens.
    Forums like this are a big help to everyone and not just with advice!
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    One fortunate guy! Luckily I didn't bin this monster of a cam and John is almost on his way again with a new lens.
    Forums like this are a big help to everyone and not just with advice!
    Hopefully it will arrive on Saturday. "Zero is a Hero..."

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JEB0007 View Post
    Hopefully it will arrive on Saturday. "Zero is a Hero..."
    Project was finished ok, so thanks again for the lens...

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    I have for many years used a single camera, a good experienced cameraman and editor can make one camera look like two.
    This is right on the money, I have shot several one cam weddings and edited a short 20-30 minute film which works well. The fact that you dont have loads of experience means you may struggle to think about editing in camera and this is why a two cam is an absolute must when starting out.

Steve

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by steslat View Post
    This is right on the money, I have shot several one cam weddings and edited a short 20-30 minute film which works well. The fact that you dont have loads of experience means you may struggle to think about editing in camera and this is why a two cam is an absolute must when starting out.

Steve
    Not wishing to belittle anyone else's suggestions but I shot with one camera only for the first 5 or 6 years, including incidentally one of those monster KY17/BR-ES411 combos. It did teach me to go out prepared, to plan properly, be selective in what I shot and be quick in my head and quick on my feet. However nowadays I go armed with a main JVCHM700 (+ a spare as back-up or second camera), threes Sony handycams for placing in strategic positions, a GoPro and a GH2 plus three Sennheiser EW100 radio mic kits and an array of LED lights, cables, adaptors and who knows what. I often think that as I've increased my armoury I've lessened my sharpness on the day as I can always feel that I've got plenty to rely on to get me out of the ship if anything goes wrong. I must admit that my stress levels on the day are much less but editing has become more laborious albeit more satisfying as I have more options. However I don't detect any greater or lesser amounts of enjoyment from the customers; they are aware of very little of the nuts and bolts or tools used. In fact the last couple saw their DVD they were so surprised to see that I had shots from not only the position I was in but also from the other side, the balcony at the side and directly from the back of the room as well as a spectacular ultra-wide GoPro shot as she walk down the aisle and again when they walked out. They hadn't even noticed that there were four cameras during the dancing, one at each corner of the dance floor.

Incidentally during the years when I shot with a single camera I had many people say that I must have shot with more than one; I'm sure that many know the shooting/editing tricks to pull that off. Also I never had any camera breakdowns until I started carrying a spare, which was shear luck I guess. After that I've had viewfinders snap off (twice), camera fall from a tall tripod and snap the lens coupling, XLR plugs snap and lock into the camera socket, numerous times batteries just died during recording and twice a camera has just quite for no apparent reason, and quite a few more incidents which I'd rather not think about.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast