Thread: Export for YouTube

1. Default Export for YouTube

I have just set up an account with YouTube to upload some of my video clips.
    I am confused as to what setting to export my clip from PremierPro.
    I did try QuickTime, but when I updated the video it contained sound only.
    YouTube say keep the frame rate and resolution he same as the original, but also say you are limited to 100Mb and 10 minutes.

Can someone recommend a link or basic setting and format for exporting a 5 minute clip from PremierPro for use on YouTube please.

YouTube best video formats

ResolutionRecommended: 1280 x 720 (16 x 9 HD) and 640 x 480 (4:3 SD)
    There is no required minimum resolution - in general, the higher the resolution, the better and HD resolution is preferred. For older content, lower resolution is unavoidable.

Bit rate: Because bit rate is highly dependent on codec, there is no recommended or minimum value. Videos should be optimised for resolution, aspect ratio and frame rate, rather than bit rate.

Frame rate: The frame rate of the original video should be maintained without resampling. In particular, pulldown and other frame-rate resampling techniques are strongly discouraged.

Codec: H.264, MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 preferred.

Audio Codec: MP3 or AAC preferredSampling rate44.1 kHzChannels2 (stereo)ContainerMPEGTS (MPEG2 transport stream)

About Uploading

• Capture and Upload in High Definition! Upload up to 10 videos at a time Best video formats for YouTube.
    • Up to 2 GB in size.
    • Up to 10 minutes in length.
    Frame Rate
    The video frame rate should be the same as the original where possible - up-sampling from a 24-fps original can cause judder artifacts, for example. For film sources, a 24-fps or 25-fps progressive master yields the best results, while videos that have had a resampling transfer process applied - such as Telecine pulldown - often result in a lower-quality video.

High-definition videos are the preferred format for ingestion, which result in YouTube videos of the highest quality currently available. It also means that your video can be upgraded as new formats are developed on the site.

Best Formats for Uploading

YouTube can accept almost any video format for upload, but for most users we have found that the following settings give the best results.
    • Video Format: H.264, MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 preferred
    • Aspect Ratio: Native aspect ratio without letterboxing (examples: 4:3, 16:9)
    • Resolution: 640 x 360 (16:9) or 480 x 360 (4:3) recommended
    • Audio Format: MP3 or AAC preferred
    • Frames per second: 30
    • Maximum length: 10 minutes (we recommend 2-3 minutes)
    • Maximum file size: 1 GB
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 01-19-2010 at 11:12 AM.