Thread: Trailer

Default Trailer

Click on the link below and let me know what you think of my trailer

http://christet.digital-director.com/gollygoshintro.wmv

editing wise, I thought it was ok, I'd have made the titles at the start a bit shorter, or add a bit of colour or motion to them. Maybe try and edit them to the music a bit more.

There's a bit in the middle where the guys are in a car, then it cuts away and they pull up and get out and walk towards the camera, I was expecting this kind of journey-theme to be continued but then it cut to some guy jumping in the snow?

Also, one guy had a santa hat on, maybe it's best to not have seasonal references unless its a Christmas Special or something. He looked a bit out of place, but I guess that might be explained in the whole thing.

On the content side, I personally have seen everything like that done before a hundred times
    (CKY, jackass, Pritchard Vs Dainton, dirty sanchez etc. etc.), there's only so many times you can see someone fall out of a trolley or jump off something before it becomes boring.

I think you should concentrate on the skating, or developing a theme or plot that will make people want to watch.

But the editing is good, quick cuts, clean transitions. Not sure I'd use the pixel-fade thing but it works OK I think. Just needs something to differentiate it from the rest of the home-made Jackass clones.
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

Blog Entries

All I can do is ditto those comments. Good editing, but develop the material.

Here is another Trailer for a short film me an some mates did. we actually act (try to) and have a storyline in this one.

http://christet.digital-director.com...eartrailer.wmv

that was different!
    I don't really understand the plot of the film from the trailer, and a few scenes didn't make sense, but the attacks were brutal and gory enough to entertain and the comedy special effects were funny.

There was a definite idea of a story happening when the guys were in the car, presumably running away, then they got out, and ran away to the woods, then got chased, but then it cut to a horrific stab scene in a different place entirely.

Maybe some dialogue or a voice over would help the trailer give more of an idea of the film itself.

Also I'd have made the main titles shorter, or incorporate them into the start of the trailer, and then maybe have a scary voice saying the words instead of having them as titles.

Looks like a laugh though, can't go wrong with a low-budget slasher film.
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

Blog Entries

Definately missing the requisite screams, stabbing noises and random creepy effects...

Yeah the first one was done in jackass and there was nothing really new but it was ok, and the second one was funny but it is not something that will ever go on tv, overall i think you have some talent and you have some good connections, good work...