Thread: Some help greatly appreciated!

Question Some help greatly appreciated!

Hello, making my world of warcraft movie and quitting the game.
    I have recorded many good pvp moments with fraps at 60FPS full size
    My screen resolution is 1024x768
    I would like to know please what template should i use when creating a new project with sony vegas ? And what rendering settings should i use also for it to achieve best quality.
    Best blur motion method? etc All help is appreciated and rewarded with gold from my server Lightbringer - EU since im quitting the game.
    Is there any way to get the black bars on the sides not showing on youtube i tried all different ways but my screen which i recorded the videos isn't widescreen its simple square one :\ It shows full screen in my player but on youtube it ads the bars.

(My main problem is what settings to put in the begging when i make new project for my 1024x768 video i recorded to have best resolution on youtube)

Thank you again
    Have a good day and happy new year.
    Last edited by Conoco; 01-19-2010 at 03:00 AM.

If you upload your YouTube videos at a size of 1280 x 720. This should stop the black bars when normal viewing on YouTube. I would recommend the Vegas project setting to be the same as this.

I have no idea about the blur motion method. This is not something I have ever look at.

Thank you for your answer, but when i put the following width and height on my video it cuts out some parts from top and bottom :( If i accept to keep the black bars what settings/template would be best when creating new project for this 1024x768 video i have?

YouTube says "Recommended: 1280 x 720 (16 x 9 HD) and 640 x 480 (4:3 SD)
    There is no required minimum resolution - in general, the higher the resolution, the better and HD resolution is preferred. For older content, lower resolution is unavoidable."

But you could try 720x576 which is the SD PAL standard DVD with 4:3 ratio.

I'm not sure why you think your movie is 1028x768 as this is TV/Monitor screen resolution and not a standard video resolution. When you watch a standard PAL DVD on a LCD TV with the resolution of 1028x768 the image is slightly stretched to fit the screen.

Smile try to convert to right size for you

if the video size not fit for you , you can convert it use some tools .
    i have used some tools like isharesoft video converter ultimate.

here is the link:
    iSharesoft Video Converter, DVD Ripper ,video editing software, Video to iPod Converter, iphone ringtones.

maybe it's help for you

Thanks aviwi

@ Midnight Blue

1024x768 is the screen resolution of my screen its an old one square not HD from which i did the recording.

Ok this is the only way around it. If you embed the video in this thread, (copy the URL into the link box) the embedded play is 4:3 ratio. YouTube site player is 16:9 ratio. If you can't handle the black bars you can always come here to watch it black bar free.

How that for a solution.

Well i think i have come to terms with the black bars they are like cinema or something hehe

Still have a bit of a problem with the settings i open sony vegas and what should i put from the many templates? And after i choose template should i put my width height of my video or leave it as it is from the template? Also what frame rate ? and pixel format? To achieve best quality for the video i recorded from my pc (1024x76 is the dimensions of the video. Thats my last and final question and i thank you for the time you have spent helping me.
    Last edited by Conoco; 01-20-2010 at 08:40 PM.

Well if your video is 4:3 ratio I would choose the mpeg2 format and select the mpeg2 for YouTube 4:3 template. This will offer a size of 720 x 560 I would change that to 1028 x 720. As you said earlier your frame rate was 60 I would set the frame rate to 30. Try it and if you like it great if not try something else until you find something you are happy with.

Some would offer up the quicktime .mov with a .263 codec as a better option for high def video that may be true.

These are a couple of possible formats you could use, others are available. An issue with this subject is there is usually more than one way to do things so advice can become confusing. I would recommend trying things for yourself and find something you are happy with and then you will be the expert.

Good luck.

10. Default

Thank you very much for everything
    When the movie is done i will send ya a link (^_^)