Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friend or Foe music Video

Default Friend or Foe music Video

Hi everyone. Recently I got Final Cut Pro so I decided to start editing videos and this is the last one I've done.

A couple of things about it, the original video is from The Crystal Method song "Born Too Late" and the music I used was from the group Destroid as you will see at the end of the video. I am very happy with the results besides the limitations I had by using a pre-edited footage to make it match the song I used. After I finished the video I noticed at a certain point that after I created a ghostly effect on the video, the image covered part of the black frame the video has. I'll pay attention to those things on my next edition.

If you want to see the original video by The Crystal Method youtube has it.

I like when people give me a feedback, so feel free to comment about it. Thank you guys.

Last edited by Rebel; 01-18-2010 at 07:59 PM.

I just noticed, the video is not showing up in the message, only the link. How do I embed the video on my post?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    I just noticed, the video is not showing up in the message, only the link. How do I embed the video on my post?
    never mind lol I know why it wasn't working

And you got the copyright holders permission, right?
    I have six honest, serving men. They taught me all I knew.
    Their names are What and Why and When. And How and Where and Who! (Rudyard Kipling)
    http://www.sharpmedia.org.uk

I'm aware that everything now a days has to be done having copyright permission, etc; but as most people like me who edit videos as a hobby, who are not professionals, I didn't get any permission.

Copyright theft then!
    Their names are What and Why and When. And How and Where and Who! (Rudyard Kipling)

It would have been if I would have claimed all this to be 100% made by me, including the media

Using other peoples imagery, still or moving, without their permission, is copyright theft. Period!

Look IanA, I respect your opinion, but in this case I think is better for you to keep it for yourself. I posted this video here not to make any monetary income out of it, but to get feedback about the edition.

Like I posted in another thread where you also came with the same message

"I think IanA has a serious problem with copyright and thieves. I'm just saying.

In my opinion whether you paid for it or not, you're doing the editions either as a hobby (like I did), or to learn and develop your edition skills, and since most of us are not professionals who work in the industry and have full access to the media we need, I personally don't see anything wrong with borrowing existing media for our learning process. At the end we're not making a profit out of it, we are just trying to create art, get feedback, etc"

Hi Rebel

Copyright can be an issue on this site, you have to remember that many contributors here actually make their living out of producing media therefore it can easily annoy. I can see your point of view as well but its not one that is going to be well received, especially in the user vids section.

I find it impossible to comment on the video you have produced because its impossible to know what you have done and what was already there in the other persons work. Now you might suggest that I watch the original and compare, but I would prefer not to have to do that. It makes feeding back too much work.

Stay lucky.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast