Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Puppy Play!

Default Puppy Play!

I have hit a new LOW in my editing career. At Christmas we got a new puppy. This weekend, I hooked up the Critter Cam mount and followed the new pup in his antics. Then, I uploaded the edited frolics to YouTube, thus contributing to the plethora of silly pet videos already permeating cyberspace. I can not believe that I have become so desperate for an editing fix that I would sink this low. (But it was fun!)

Blog Entries

More p*ss*ng dogs!
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    More p*ss*ng dogs!
    I said I had hit a new low!

Don't listen to Tim. I love Puppy videos. Ranger is adorable.
    I laughed at the priceless look he gave you when he was having a pee.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Don't listen to Tim. I love Puppy videos. Ranger is adorable.
    I laughed at the priceless look he gave you when he was having a pee.
    Of course, we are trying to house-break him, and what you did not hear on the video was the 'good boy' remark I made after getting that precious and unexpected shot. It was a 'Kodak moment.'

lols@ music and wee shot.

I recall your cat one when i did mine ages ago - in my previous incarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by vertovian View Post
    lols@ music and wee shot.

I recall your cat one when i did mine ages ago - in my previous incarnation.
    Thanks, Mark.
    In that previous incarnation, were you not once the Evil Ming? Or is my 'Flash' memory faulty?
    Last edited by worddigger; 01-18-2010 at 10:00 AM. Reason: correction

Puppies, I love em ! I hope you weaken again soon Digger. There was a very interesting documentary on telly the other evening about the intelligence of dogs and the latest theory on how they became domesticated. It showed an interesting experiment the Russians did with silver foxes. The foxes were very aggressive to humans but there were one or two that were more friendly so they bread from those. Within eight generations of such breeding the foxes had become completely tame and exhibited the behaviour of domesticated dogs. It was amazing to see how little time it took.

They also showed how dogs are far more intelligent than chimps. Well worth a watch if your a dog lover. If only I could remember what it was called I would post it. It was Horizon or similar type documentary.

I saw that Shrimpy. It was interesting. With the silver Foxes it was interesting how some non tame pups were put with tame mothers but didn't become friendly to humans and vice-versa opposite result.

The pointing experiment was interesting as well. Did it go into the telepathic connection between a dog and it's owner. I've observed with one of my dogs that he can "pick up" when my wife is on her way home, long before she arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    The pointing experiment was interesting as well. Did it go into the telepathic connection between a dog and it's owner. I've observed with one of my dogs that he can "pick up" when my wife is on her way home, long before she arrives.
    Yes, that was the part of the programme that was really interesting. I wished they had tried the experiment with the person doing the pointing just thinking about the container, I had exactly the same thoughts as you.

For those who didnt see it a researcher had two bowls on the floor, one hiding a treat. She pointed at the bowl with the treat and every time the dog went to it. They contrasted that with a chimp and the chimp never got it right and could not react to the pointing. The dog was able to do it even when the researcher just looked at the bowl.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast