Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goofy problem

1. Default Goofy problem

And a little hard to explain.

This has followed me through several versions of Vegas and several PCs, so it's not WinXP or Vista or my old Dell box or version 7.0b, it's just Vegas.

On occasion, moving my mouse around the timeline doing my thing, a little popup pops up and if I had decided at that moment to click and drag something on the timeline, what actually happens is that I click something invisible and drag it INTO my timeline. The pics below show what happens at that moment.

http://www.videofacets.com/media/error01.jpg
    http://www.videofacets.com/media/error02.jpg
    http://www.videofacets.com/media/error03.jpg
    http://www.videofacets.com/media/error04.jpg

The popups appear to be the typical Windows description thing that happens in Explorer, but in this case, it's popping up from what appears to be the Project Media window.

Anyone else seen this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes - weird!

1] You have a roll-over info pop-up on media that ISN'T Audio - even though the "info" clearly has the suffix WAV?

2] You have a greyed-out selection region WITHOUT vertical "legs" to the Region? How do you do that?

3] My rollover-info only appears within Project Media.

4] I can't see a way within Prefs to turn this ON or OFF?

Yes, "goofy" indeed.

I don't think it is a Vegas thing either as I have not seen it or read about it before either.
    Sure it is no a mouse thing?, like bubble help...

2] You have a greyed-out selection region WITHOUT vertical "legs" to the Region? How do you do that?

I think that is in the prefs Grazie, the collapse region thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    I think that is in the prefs Grazie, the collapse region thingy.
    No, it isn't the collapse option. I have used that and it doesn't produce the greyed out BAR and NO vertices. What that pref does is COLLAPSE the vertices to a single line. No, that isn't the collapse option.

I think there IS a definite corruption of the Graphics drawing of Vegas.

5. Default

Hi, G

I believe the selection area bar with the yellow ends is just unselected.

And the WAV file popup isn't actually over that event on the timeline, it's just hanging there due to my issue of translucent/transparent/membrane whatever issues where my mouse on the timeline will pop up info from files in the Media window. That's the issue, weirdness. And it's very strange that it's followed me through several versions and different PCs ...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Yes - weird!

1] You have a roll-over info pop-up on media that ISN'T Audio - even though the "info" clearly has the suffix WAV?

3] My rollover-info only appears within Project Media.

4] I can't see a way within Prefs to turn this ON or OFF?

Yes, "goofy" indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by toddgeer View Post
    I believe the selection area bar with the yellow ends is just unselected.
    If you were in Trimmer then I would agree. But you definitely have this greyed bar on the Top Edge of the Timeline - and THAT I find bizarre! How on Earth did you achieve that?

See attached JPEG. The upper portion is the Timeline and the Lower portion is the Trimmer. I can't get what you've shown in your first graphic at all. And again, this ISN'T the collapse selection option issue. Collapsed just shows - or should! - a single vertical cursor line with 2 Yellow triangles butted together - a collapsed time selection. No greyed-out bar at all.

I have checked on my PC and the I to have the same grayed out area (SV9c), as in image 1,2 on the first post.

I just highlight a region, and then click the cursor else where and the selected region (with no legs ) remain. If i hit the backspace key i can go back to it with legs.

(I am talking about the same thing yes?)

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    I just highlight a region, and then click the cursor else where and the selected region (with no legs ) remain.
    - My "legs", the selection verticals, remain. Did you see my JPEG? It quite distinctly shows the vertices's AND the Bar is remaining BLUE, not greyed-out.

As as for returning to the selection's FIRST Vertical, I need to do : Ctrl+RightArrow

OR to regain the selection again:
    Ctrl+Shft+RightArrow

Tabbing doesn't do anything for me!

I can see that Grazie, not sure why yours is different though (or ours)

Not Tabbing , the BACKSPACE key, I use that to go back and cycle through the most recent regions.

Unless by Tabbing you mean smoking :-(

Sure, BACKSPACE (not tabbing) works to get to the Selection. What further Regions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast