Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Emerald Dagger

Default The Emerald Dagger

The cat steps out.

Blog Entries

You've obviousy oo much time on your hands.
    Very enjoyable. Generally nicely paced though some stuff where nothing was happening was a bit long in my view - the animated map could have been halved in time, as could each of the zoomed stills after they landed (13 secs for 3 stills is simply TOO long - I suspect you stretched these out to fit the music). The three days in the dessert, on the other hand, was about right in order to emphasise a long passage of time.

But do they reach the tomb? Guess I'll just have to wait to find out.
    Tim

What audiance are you aming it at Shrimpy ?

I thought the foley and general sound was good until the end when there was the sound of crickets and the crackling flames of a camp fire. I don't think you get crickets in the desert and I didn't see a camp fire. The other thing was Archie's voice sounded very processed !

I thought the map was ok time wise but I agree with Tim on the 3 stills been to long.

The audience is primarily me, then my nephew but like all drama queens I can't resist posting it to see what people on here think about it.

The whole thing has turned into a vehicle for learning about my editing software, forcing me to learn photoshop skills and messing around with sound. The voice of the soldier sounds processed because I had changed the pitch using the tool in PE7, its much too raspy. I have been playing with Audacity today which gives better results. I have been looking for voice altering software but everything I have tried has been rubbish so far. If I am to use my voice for different characters then I need to find a solution.

Yep the shots covering the call to prayer were held too long. I should just obey my gut feeling because I felt that every time I watched it, I just loved the call to prayer though and didnt want to cut it. I should have faded it out.

By using the animation I also get to play around with different camera angles and shooting dialog between characters etc. I know it sounds daft but it certainly gets me thinking about things much more than I usually do.

It keeps me occupied anyway, but I am yearning to sod off in me caravan somewhere.

PS

Your right about the crickets, they were in the sound file and this afternoon I found how to switch them off! I took it from Atmosphere.
    Last edited by Shrimpfarmer; 01-17-2010 at 12:12 AM.

Audacity has a change pitch option in the effects which should work for you. It doesn't take much change to sound different enough I think. You should also try doing different voices your self.

On the call to pray section. You could keep the sound and put in more images. Perhaps Lord and Lady Shrimpy walking through a market or something like that.

I can see how doing this will give you good experience in direction, camera angles etc. as well as the photoshop skills.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I can see how doing this will give you good experience in direction, camera angles etc.
    Indeed. You have the opportunity to concentrate on these aspects and experiment to your hearts content with them without the time constraints of available light and location or bored talent. Perhaps we should all have a go.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Indeed. You have the opportunity to concentrate on these aspects and experiment to your hearts content with them without the time constraints of available light and location or bored talent. Perhaps we should all have a go.
    I double dare you

Blog Entries

I said perhaps.

It's only a complete lack of available time, money, skill and ambition that prevents me. Oh - and a lack of cute little figurines
    Tim

Yes well I only double dared you for those precise reasons, if I had really wanted you to do it I would have double double dared you

he he, quality, looking forward to the next installment

edit. what mic are you using shrimpy ?
    Last edited by enc; 01-20-2010 at 08:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast