Thread: Basic video exporting question - if you help me- you will have a happy eternity!

Default Basic video exporting question - if you help me- you will have a happy eternity!

Adobe media encoder. I am running into issues when exporting a windows media file. When I export as Windows media 9, windows comes up with an error and canít play. Iím on a work machine and itís a major hassle to install any kind of software, so checking with VLC is not really an option either (although I could take it home and test).

At lest the file would finish exporting as WM 9 file, when I do it as a WM 7, it exports only a small part of it, there is some problem and it stops.

I am trying a flash video movie now, but I could do with some help on best practice here.

I just want to be able to make the clip as small as possible (file wise), while giving as many ppl access as possible.

If you could suggest some setting to use that would outstanding.

Please help me, I want to impress my bossJ Iím a designer, not a video editor, you guys are awesome!

AME can be a bitch, especially if you don't have all the codecs installed.
    You don't say what you are encoding from, so can't make any suggestions, but try MPeg2 as the most common format.
    I have six honest, serving men. They taught me all I knew.
    Their names are What and Why and When. And How and Where and Who! (Rudyard Kipling)
    http://www.sharpmedia.org.uk

Gíday, thanks for your response. I am encoding from a windows media audio/video file.

Would mpeg 2 be too large for the web? Also, where do you choose to stream or progressively send the file? Is that done once the file is converted?
    Last edited by Unconformed01; 01-17-2010 at 09:52 PM.