Thread: Band seeking amature videomaker

Default Band seeking amature videomaker

Hi, we are a London / Southend-on-sea UK based Electro band ‘The Vanity Clause’ and we’re in the process of creating our very first album and will shortly be promoting our first single ‘Lifeline’.
    We are currently looking for a talented amateur film maker to help us with our very first music video for this single. We are an unsigned band so everything we are currently creating is self funded, therefore the project would suit someone who is looking for a way to gain experience and add to their portfolio and see this as a great opportunity for exposure as we’ll be promoting this as extensively as possible. You will get full credit and all expenses will be paid, if your up for the challenge just reply to this post or send us an email at
    You can check out our music at The Vanity Clause on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos
    Many thanks,

Hi there, I run a small production outfit catering for low budget and aspiring musicians/talent.
    Have worked with Zane Lowe, The Maccabees, Friendly Fires and Acusis.
    I think you'd be wise to budget a little for the video (since you're likely to win more attention online and I presume you've put a lot of effort into your music - why cut corners on the video)
    I can supply green screen and single camera DV shoot for 8 hours for a fee of around £200 (which if theres 4 band members = a mere £50 each)
    Costings would depend on complexity but a good effect can still be acheived with limited funding.
    If you like to discuss your options further then feel free to email or call with your ideas and budget.

see our website

Greg Ullah

No one should ever make videos for free.

The band want this to further their own success - they should pay.

Also free usually means crap.