Thread: vegas demo

1. Default vegas demo

Hi I have recently put together a few short projects using a sony vegas 9 demo. I have decided to purchase the pro package and was wondering if I will lose my existing files on the demo when I upload the full version and the demo runs out of time?? Thanks for any input.

Is the demo version the Platinum version?

SV9 pro will still load all your projects including the plat versions

Blog Entries

If your demo was of one of the Sony Media Studio versions, all should be well as both Media Studio and Vegas Pro (NOT to be confused with Sony Vegas Media Studio Pro Pack) will read them OK.

If your demo was Sony Vegas Pro, you willl need to buy Sony Vegas Pro (and NOT one of the Vegas Movie Studio versions)

It was not clear from your post what you mean by "pro package". This isn't your fault - it's Sony's stupid markeing people naming one of their consumer packages "Pro Pack" which - in case I haven't stated it clearly enough is NOT the same as Vegas Pro.
    Tim

4. Default

The demo is standard sony vegas movie studio 9 and I have purchased sony vegas movie studio 9 platinum pro pack. If the files will not be saved would it be possible to copy and paste while I still have the demo software installed?

Blog Entries

You won't have any problem. Your VMS9 files will read quite happily in VMS9PPP. (Just so you're aware the files in queston are simply pointers to media with information about start/end & transitions. They will appear on your hard drive with the file extension .vf.

(The fact that you're checking suggests you've fallen foul of this sort of thing before)
    Tim

6. Wink

Thanks alot for the help. Am new to the sony vegas software and have just been gettin carried away editing with recent footage I have recorded in the demo version, great news that it wont dissapear on me, thanks