Thread: Red Line Offside..

1. Default Red Line Offside..

What decide if you will get a red video preview in Vegas 8 pro or not?

According to videoinspector in this particular case the video have codec Microsoft MPEG-4 V2, which happend to be installed on my computer,
    if i insert another video with excatley same preferences i will get a normal preview line
    to me it have looked random when Vegas decide which video it will claim are "corrupt", the solution i have found only is to convert the video down in quality for example, and then reinsert it and it will preview all of a sudden
    is there any way to fix this without having to convert and loss a bit of quality?

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

Hmmmmm...this is a common 9c problem - never heard of it with Vegas 8. What version of 8 are you using?
    The workaround with 9c is to reduce your RAM preview in prefs. How much is it set at?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    Hmmmmm...this is a common 9c problem - never heard of it with Vegas 8. What version of 8 are you using?
    The workaround with 9c is to reduce your RAM preview in prefs. How much is it set at?
    8.0c,

Ram preview seem to be sett to 128, as deafult

OK, no idea what amount of RAM you've got, but try increasing it to say 512. Maybe 8c works the opposite of 9c. Worth a shot. The other thing that springs to mind; why Microsoft MPEG4?

5. Default

OK, no idea what amount of RAM you've got, but try increasing it to say 512. Maybe 8c works the opposite of 9c. Worth a shot. The other thing that springs to mind; why Microsoft MPEG4?
    In this computer i have 2 Gb ram
    i tested sett Vega pref to 512, but it didnt make any difference

MPEG4 whas in this case the choosen standard avi codec used by VDownloader, i downloaded my own uploaded youtube video to re-add it to a new projekt, after i wrote this thread i changed to test-download it as MPEG1 instead, and that it could preview load in Vegas!
    I dont remember if it allways have been MPEG4 in the cases it have becomed red, but i guess its a possibility, if so is there any special MPEG 4 codecs i could test,
    i now have ffdshow, xvid and Divx all installed overlapping eachother

6. Default

This is wery odd

it have now choosen out 1 square only to deserve red, and this happend after i restarted my saved projekt, originaly i could see the whole truth

and if i create a new projekt and add this video from the beginning its now affected by one square red as deafult this time, so the program have a odd fixation/uber-memory how a video shall behave in future...unless i reconvert it

and this time we are talking xvid
    Last edited by Kloppstock; 01-16-2010 at 09:06 PM.

The RAM is for preview only so the more you allocate the more you can Pre-Render (SHIFT+B)

On the 1st image it says of line so it normally means it cannot find.
    The 2nd image shows the video but perhaps it has a bad frame in there causing the red frame.
    If you play the clip does it play OK?
    If you try and render is it OK?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    The RAM is for preview only so the more you allocate the more you can Pre-Render (SHIFT+B)

On the 1st image it says of line so it normally means it cannot find.
    The 2nd image shows the video but perhaps it has a bad frame in there causing the red frame.
    If you play the clip does it play OK?
    If you try and render is it OK?
    After i restarted the computer its now black in the old red sdquare only area instead but now i can see the picture under it yes, yesterday it was black under the red square when playing

I suppose you mean this settings? it warns that setting to high will cause sluggish other computer procceses, so im a bit to scared to sett it higher, unless someone else suggest a number?