Thread: Looping this weapon sound effect?

1. Default Looping this weapon sound effect?

Hello I've got some Weapon sound effects problem is its only one shot and the echo i want it to be looped so it sounds like the gun is firing automatic not single shot if i just create copies of it does not sound right.

I've included a youtube video which i made to give u a idea of the clip im dealing with.

how could i make it seem like the gun is firing automatic?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCqj7VdiIh0"]YouTube - Sound effect[/ame]

Thanks!
    Last edited by deadboltz; 01-13-2010 at 06:00 PM.

If I was you I'd just find the sound of automatic gun fire on the net it will be easier than messing about with this. Try HERE

3. Default

Well you see that sample is not the only one. I've got ak-47's and everything but their all single shot and i like the sound of these ones. Their must be away thanks!

Copy & Paste
    Copy & Paste
    Copy & Paste
    Copy & Paste
    Copy & Paste
    Copy & Paste
    Copy & Paste
    Copy & Paste
    Copy & Paste
    Copy & Paste
    Copy & Paste
    Copy & Paste
    Copy & Paste
    Copy & Paste
    Copy & Paste
    Copy & Paste
    Copy & Paste
    Copy & Paste
    Copy & Paste
    Copy & Paste
    Copy & Paste
    Copy & Paste

5. Default

I already tried that it still sounds like a single shot i also tried overlapping but it didnt work.

Then I suggest you follow my first suggestion.

7. Default

in theory it might be possible to loop the sound, but you only want to loop the initial blast for rapid fire, in which case you would have to crossfade each loop so that there are no pops and clicks between the individual samples, very time consuming and unfortunately might not sound right

as Midnight Blue suggested, its probably more efficient and realistic to grab one online. Freesound.org is cool and all but risky in terms of copyright

better to go to a professional sound library where you can license sound effects for just a couple bucks. we've got tons of amazing automatic weapon sounds (AK47's included) that were recorded at the Quantico Marine Base at gun sound effects under either the Assault Rifle category or the Machine Guns category

Id start with a better gunshot sound effect. The one posted/linked has more glass breaking than gunshot in it.

As already stated, find an audio clip of automatic gunsfire or find a handful of different single shots and cut and paste them randomly together.