Thread: Sony PMB + Win7

Default Sony PMB + Win7

Evening all-

I have and HDR-HC7 that I have been using happily for a couple years now. I have always used the PMB in windows XP.

I made the switch to Win7 which has been great. I haven't been back to XP since I installed. However, I am having a problem with Sony PMB to where I cannot import any video. When I go to select the import from "tape" on the import button, the software does nothing.

The HDR-HC7 shows up on the device manager. The LCD of the camera indicate the iLINK (1394 IEEE connection) as on.

I tried to import via Vegas Pro and it says this device can't not be open - make sure the power is on and the device is not in use.

I have upgraded the PMB to 4.2, contacted their support and I am really fresh out of ideas. I can't any process that shows the device in use or any software that may be using the application.

Any thoughts on where to go from here?

Is it possible you have blown your camcorders iLink connection? Do you use a 4pin to 6pin converter cable? Try on another pc

Thanks for the response. I have determined that the camera is all functioning fine. I am able to import just fine from Sony Vegas (I was selecting the incorrect camera type) and I can also go back to XP32 and everything works great.

I have since uninstalled PMB and reverted back to 2.1 for my camera in Win7. the import function came up "once" and since then, when I select "tape" and hit ok, the import function does not move to the next screen to select import location and bring up the camera controls.

Who knows. I am about 99.575% sure it's a function of Win7 + PMB since everything functions as expected in XP.