Thread: MultiCam sequence in Premiere

Default MultiCam sequence in Premiere

Hi to all, I'm trying to user multicam option in Premiere CS4 and I can syncronize my video with no problem. Now I would like to cut some clip from the multicam video and I copied the clip I want into a new sequence, but when I try to use this new sequence in a new one, I loose the multicam benefit and if I want to use the same sequence with a different angle, it change all other sequence I inserted in the timeline. I try to explain with an example, because I think it is a little confused:

Sequence A is a long multicam video (about 2 hours). I need to cut some clip and see them multiple times in all angles covered by multicam, so I created a Sequence B.
    Sequence B is a copy and paste of a little clip of Sequence A and I can see the multicam.
    Now I have a Sequence C where I dragged the Sequence B into the timeline three times because I want to see Sequence B in all three angles stored into multicam. Now when I change the camera over one of three Sequence B into timeline, it changes the camera in all Sequence B occurrence in timeline.

Is there a way to see different angles for different sequence B stored in timeline?

Thank you very much for your help and I hope my explanation could be clear.

it took a while of reading this for me to get what you meant. Multi camera sequences are always embedded so you alkways have sequences of sequences of sequnces involved.

The short answer is NO. sorry. Mukti camera sequences in Premier don;t work that way.

Sequecne A - is the one with each camera as a different layer right?

Drop that into Sequecne B and do the mutli-cam thing on it right?

The problem with this is that the multi came thing on sequecne B is actually really editting the original sequecne A and not really touching sequence B at all. So unfotunatelky, any time you do a multi cam thing you are really changing the original layered sequence and not the sequecne with it in.

Your best bet would be to create your original multi layered sequecne and then duplicate it a bundle of times andf then drop those into other sequecne for multi cam edittign independently.

Thank you Alan for your very quick reply!
    I tried to duplicate the original sequence but when I change the camera it changes in all duplicated sequences...
    Probably now the best thing is cut phisically all clips creating one new mpeg file for each angle.
    Do you have a little advice for me on how do this work?

Thank you very much again for your help and sorry for my terrible English!

Not sure you've done it right.

If you duplicate the original sequence it is an independent sequecne and will not be affected by changes to another one.

Maybe duplicatingf the sequecne is not enough, try duplicating it by creating a new sequence and cut and pasting the clips from teh first one into the new one. It will work then.

Thank you again Alan.
    In this way I have a huge number of duplicated source because if I understand well, I need to duplicate the source for every clip and for every cam I need to use in the final sequence.
    Probably now is better have one different mpeg for every single clip and every single angle. Do you agree with me?

Thank you for your help!

Don;t edit mpeg. If mpeg files are all you have you shold convert them to something 'better' first.

Thank you for your advice Alan.

Do you know a software can cut clip using a feature like Adobe Premiere Multicam?

Thank you again Alan, I'm exporting all the clip direct from Premiere in avi with DV encoder.
    Thank you for your very usefull tips!