Thread: Landmines

1. Default Landmines

Hello first of all does anyone know if landmines actually fly up out the ground before exploding or is that a certain type.

And i would like to know how i could replicate this i was thinking of getting a picture of a landmine animating it going up and roatating in the air.

Thanks!

Blog Entries

On my BBC "filming in dangerous locations" course (on which I paid SERIOUS attention) we were told about all sorts of landmines including some which jump up and explode sending hundreds of ball bearings in all directions. So, yup, there are evil people making anti-personnel mines which jump up and go bang.

Using a graphics animation software, like After Effects, does seem to be your best way to go. It doesn't have to be the latest version as V6 will easily handle this sort of motion..

There was a land mine used in WWll called a "bouncing Betty", which when stepped on did literally jump up and usually resulted in severing limbs or depending on the individuals' height would cut them in half ouch!

4. Default

Yes i found out about these thanks

Why is this in a video forum? Are you going to attempt to put some landmine explosions in a movie? If so I'd go the easy route and have them explode from the ground only. Much easier to fake.

6. Default

Yes but having them springing out the ground is alot more cooler. Anyway ill do that once my action essentials 2 comes.

Quote Originally Posted by deadboltz View Post
    Anyway ill do that once my action essentials 2 comes.
    Exactly the direction I would have aimed you in!