Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegas 9 Stabilization Software?

Default Vegas 9 Stabilization Software?

Hi guys, I have vegas 9 and want to run Mercalli or boris but none of them seem to work, it wont show up in the video FX tab, do you know a setting or a software that will work in vegas 9??
    thanks

J

Quote Originally Posted by jaskel View Post
    I have vegas 9
    What version?

. . and want to run Mercalli or boris but none of them seem to work,
    How so?

. . . . it wont show up in the video FX tab, do you know a setting or a software that will work in vegas 9??
    My installed version of Mercalli, under the title of proDAD Mercalli, shows up and works just fine. All I did was install it under VP8 - back then - and here it has appeared in VP9 too.

How did you install proDAD Mercalli? And under what version of Vegas did you install proDAD Mercalli?

Are you thinking that these 3rd party plug-ins come as part of the VP9 install?

vegas 9C

Windows 7 64bit OS

It doesnt show up under prodaddy or mercalli.

I reinstalled VP8 and it is there but not in VP9

Windows 7 64bit OS
    Ah! Maybe that's your reason? Check the proDAD site for OS options? - I'm not running W7 64bit.

If you read here: proDAD - Mercalli -- Video Stabilizer

At the bottom it refers to supporting your OS, however the option for Vegas is 32-bit. I find that ambiguous? Are you running 32- or 64-bit VP9? I'm guessing that your VP8 works 'cos it IS 32-bit.

I can only ask these questions, as I do not have experience of these combinations of OS and 32- and 64-bit.

Do you think that proDAD may not have a 64-bit for Vegas 64-bit?

yeah i think your right...ohwell...

Im not having much luck with mercalli stabilising video anyway...still pretty crap!

Actually, looking deeper into this, there IS an update dated:

" 19-Oct-2009 1.0.19 1.Windows 7: Ready "

Interested? Here you go: proDAD Mercalli - History Version 1.0

But you'd have to verify as well the 32- or 64-bit option? Do you think that this is for 64-bit Vegas? I'm doubting that too?

Im not having much luck with mercalli stabilising video anyway...still pretty crap!
    Why? I find it nice and easy to use with a plain simple GUI that is more than appealing to this IT numb-nutz! - It also gives the option to try several templates as an initial "stab". What don't you like about it? Have you seen the comparison's video, where it is compared to another 3 stabilizers? That's what sold it to me?

Have you tried John Meyer's FREE deshaker script? That's quite remarkable.

I find holding the camera still saves lots of bother in post....

Blog Entries

It appears Mercalli users are split down the middle. I'm one of those who has never had what I'd call success with it. Having re-installed windows a couple of months ago, I thought I'd give this another go. Installed. Can't get the update to download. Won't run. (Never had this problem before)

On the other hand I am a great fan of the deshaker script.
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast