Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad luck...

Blog Entries

Default Bad luck...

Last it was my PS3, this week it's my camcorder. I thought I'd whip out the camcorder for a bit of a play, but on opening up the LCD sceen I was greated by a green screen with a lovely crack on the left hand side. God knows how much it'll cost to get the thing fixed - probably about the same price as a new one. Grrr.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    ... I was greated by a green screen with a lovely crack on the left hand side. Grrr.
    http://www.videoforums.co.uk/adults-...en-screen.html

Or have I got it wrong again?

My sympathies are sent anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Gaffer View Post
    http://www.videoforums.co.uk/adults-...en-screen.html

Or have I got it wrong again?

My sympathies are sent anyway.
    If only...

Blog Entries

Bummer, Marc. My sympathies.
    Home contents insurance?
    Tim

Blog Entries

Good suggestion, but it's probably just as cost effective to buy a replacement after excess etc

I know how you feel my wife knocked over her tripod the other day, with her Nikon on top. The lens was ok but the LCD is smashed. I'm just glad it wasn't my camera on at the time.

She's more worried about getting it back quickly than the damage to my wallet !

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    Last it was my PS3, this week it's my camcorder. I thought I'd whip out the camcorder for a bit of a play, but on opening up the LCD sceen I was greated by a green screen with a lovely crack on the left hand side. God knows how much it'll cost to get the thing fixed - probably about the same price as a new one. Grrr.
    My condolences. Try looking at the positive side of this: An unavoidable nudge to upgrade.

8. Default

Ouch, sorry.
    If it's any consolation...I accidentally dropped my camera into the toilet. And no, before you ask, I wasn't trying to take pictures of indecency...I had the strap around my wrist (or so I thought) and held it in my hand while I was getting a tissue to blow my nose and well let the camera go thinking it would dangle from my wrist but instead I heard a nice loud plop! Yay, over 200.- Euro right down the toilet..

Blog Entries

Imagine what the person in the next cubicle heard...

PLOP!

"Oh bugger! Damn! I'll have to fish that out now! Or shall I just flush it away and replace it with a new one?"

No wonder you got funny looks when you returned to the bar!

Marc, maybe you could use your viewfinder-less camcorder as a suicide-cam, or (thinking out loud) get a cheapo battery lcd television and use the video out to connect it to the camcorder? One of those mini 5" screen jobs which run on AA batteries. You might find that you need to have it on a tripod but it'll be cool having a second cam in your arsenal.

Ok first off... The thing about bad luck... is that its all in how much you believe in it. If you believe that the things that are happening to you are because of luck or fate... then your screwed. If you believe that you have the ability to control what happens to you, then you can move on with it and get out of your slump. Everyone has times in their life that are difficult or hard to deal with..

spammy link removed

Last edited by TimStannard; 01-13-2010 at 09:13 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast