Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: self filling glass with sony vegas

Default self filling glass with sony vegas

Hey!

I wanna do a self filling glass with sony vegas, is it possible? if it is what things do i have to get?

Im a newbie so is this too advanced for me? should i wait and keep learning sony vegas a bit more?

I think you can do that. Film an empty glass and then film it full. Do not move the glass during fill, it has to be in exactly the same position as the empty. Put the two clips on the time line and put in a "wipe upward" transition. This is not the only way but probably the easiest.

Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I think you can do that. Film an empty glass and then film it full. Do not move the glass during fill, it has to be in exactly the same position as the empty. Put the two clips on the time line and put in a "wipe upward" transition. This is not the only way but probably the easiest.

Have fun.
    Thank you! it worked but it did'nt looked so good but thats probably my fault becouse when i filmed the light changed too much. I will try to rerecord it tomorrow

Not coinvinced about that idea. I don;t think it will look convincing enough to work personally. With a vertical wipe between the shots you simply will not get a 'surface' to the water as the level rises.

Alan, It's not the best way I know but Simon is an absolute beginner and I didn't want to overwhelm him with to much jargon etc. If you can think of an easy way for him to do it I'm sure he would be grateful. I'm not into special FX so my knowledge is very limited in these matters.

Simon, Try to put a lamp near the object out of shot so you are not so dependent on sun light.

Midnight Blue:
    Thank you! It seems to be a very good idea

Total offtopic: When i treid to reply on another thread i got a message that says that the mods have to approve my post, Why?

Blog Entries

It is likely that your post was considered as SPAM by the forum software. I have now approved the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Alan, It's not the best way I know but Simon is an absolute beginner and I didn't want to overwhelm him with to much jargon etc. If you can think of an easy way for him to do it I'm sure he would be grateful. I'm not into special FX so my knowledge is very limited in these matters..
    point taken!

How about stop motion?

Use a stills camera on a tripod, take a series of stills (25 if you want your glass to fill over 1 second) and each still add a few drops of water from a jug: note if you use a jug with cc or Fl Oz calibrations on it you can guarantee to add the same amount each time. You just need to know how many cc of liquid fill the glass and then divide that by 25)

Now import the stills into your NLE as a sequence - I'm sure Vagas will allow that, and hey presto, a realistic filling glass. No editing FX used!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkOneMusic View Post
    How about stop motion?

Use a stills camera on a tripod, take a series of stills (25 if you want your glass to fill over 1 second) and each still add a few drops of water from a jug: note if you use a jug with cc or Fl Oz calibrations on it you can guarantee to add the same amount each time. You just need to know how many cc of liquid fill the glass and then divide that by 25)

Now import the stills into your NLE as a sequence - I'm sure Vagas will allow that, and hey presto, a realistic filling glass. No editing FX used!
    Thanks

I don't really understand what you are saying, can you simplify the language?

I'm only 15 years old and english is not my native language that is why i don't understand all in your post :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast