Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: micro projectors - strong enough for fun?

1. Default micro projectors - strong enough for fun?

Well I've been lurking the forum for awhile with nothing really important to say...this probably isn't that important either. I tend to post more that I'v finally created an account. I've found great info here and don't really do professional movie shooting, but have much interest in the subject as I'm kind of putting together the thoughts for an indie series. I don't wanna give too much info away there but the route is to go towards internet viewers.

anyways, I made a purchase for me and my friends to enjoy. I was looking in to a way to do some home projection for our videos (after party type thing) but i hate replacing my home theater projector bulb from overuse.

sooo...i tried out this LED projector. Its bright enough for night time outdoor use. Definitely couldn't accommodate this large of an image during day light hours but it works pretty well for night - and i don't have to deal with something expensive that i'm afraid will break. I drink a lot.

here it is: its an aaxa m1 micro projector.

Something like that is great for summer evening viewing. What is the resolution of it ?

You have to have a nice climate to get a lot of use out of it out doors. Where I am, UK, we don't always get the best summer weather. BUT from your pictures it looks like you don't have that problem.

3. Default

i'm across the pond - our evenings are delightful.

i THINK native relsolution is 800x600 .. and it supports high resolution if you piggyback on a laptop

daft gadget.

5. Default

more than enough for fun!
    gonna love it!

how much is it?

6. Default

thread revival man!

I got this one for $300. Unless you need VGA to connection, go for the standard. The plus is i BELIEVE around 370.

er... AAXA M1 Micro Projector - LCoS Hand-held Mini Projector - LED Pocket Projector - says 360 for VGA model

I said daft above cos I want one - lols - but cant buy one.

Projectors rule but they are right fiddle to use.

That one is 66 lumens - for a good punchy picture in a light controlled room you need about 15 foot lamberts of light on a cinema screen - that is 15 lumens per sq ft - so that micro proj will look good with a picture size of about 4 sq ft - about same as a 32 inch screen.

Useable then - but not spectacular.
    Last edited by vertovian; 02-09-2010 at 08:10 PM.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vertovian View Post
    I said daft above cos I want one - lols - but cant buy one.

Projectors rule but they are right fiddle to use.

That one is 66 lumens - for a good punchy picture in a light controlled room you need about 15 foot lamberts of light on a cinema screen - that is 15 lumens per sq ft - so that micro proj will look good with a picture size of about 4 sq ft - about same as a 32 inch screen.

Useable then - but not spectacular.
    very interesting! I didn't know that.

I have this projector... In a lit room I think the most you can do is like 32". In a dark room 80-100" is fine... It's not a home theater projector so I agree that you are not going to get vivid hollywood cinema quality experience at 80" - but it still looks good. Youtube video (not mine):

Default Mini Projectors

This does look a good projector, however, I own a MicroJekt pocket power, with specifications of 35 lumens and I think it looks brighter than the AAXA M1, maybe it's just the pictures. Personally though, I think the MicroJekt pocket power is a better projector and it's half the size of the AAXA, with a much smaller battery, so a lot more portable, which, is what a Pico should be, right?

I owned a Aiptek pocket cinema before and have to say, they are really poor in comparision to the MicroJekt product. I guess all Pico's need to be brighter really, but I am happy with mine and can manage a 100" screen in darkeness, or 40" with lights on. The MicroJekt is 800x600 resolution and has 4gb built in memory too, so I can play Divx and MP4 directly without the PC or Av input.

Anyway just my opinion, not sure I can post a link here so just look up MicroJekt and I am sure you will find them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast