Thread: Choice Menu System type thing??

Default Choice Menu System type thing??

Hi all,

Sorry for the rubbish description to my question! I cant quite describe what I want to find out so I'll explain.

I'd like to know if anyone knows of any software in which I could link movie clips together with a choice menu system. I want to link footage of a tour together, where as one clip comes to an end , a menu pops up giving the viewer a choice of go left or go right for example to play the next clip. I could do this using a DVD and a DVD menu but I'd like it to be a computer file?

My knowledge of video editing is not strong enough to work this out , so apologies if this seems a silly question.

Cheers and Happy New Year to you all

Sounds like your describning a DVD menu. You need DVD authoring software for that.

Not suire what you mean by a computer file version. I use Adobe Encore and that has an option of building the entire DVD menus as well into an interactive flash movie for streaming over the web. Would that do it?

OK Starkie I think I got what you mean, so you know how to do that in a dvd but you dont want that you want it to be a computer file, and that's possible too, with encore instead of making a dvd menu in the end choose to make a , think the name ther is flash, it will create a swv file that has a few files associate with it and that way you will be running a file, an html file that will give you the same options you would set for a dvd menu.
    Hope it helps.

If you mean just a file and having it all in the name file, I would say it is not possible.
    Visit my portuguese blog :
    http://rdinis_video.blogs.sapo.pt

great minds....