Thread: A problem when I burn a video to DVD

Default A problem when I burn a video to DVD

I got a smx-f30 memorycard cam two weeks ago, and I like the pictures quality a lot. The videoformat is mp4.
    Now I have 1 hour and a half videos and I have been working in pinnacle studio 12 to make them into a dvd with a menu and some intro messages and it looks good.
    I have convert the project into a video_ts-folder and I have look at it with VLC-media player on my computer and it looks nice.
    BUT, the problem is when I burn it to a DVD+R-disc and check it on my DVD-player the videos looks bad. It look so shaky and fitfully, its hard to describe but its worse in scenes where the camera is zooming or moving around.
    Its not the quality of the picture, because when I pause it looks like it should. And when I play it in slowmotion it looks ok. And the menu looks good, and so are the textmessages between the movie clips to.
    The strange thing is that when I play the disc on my computer it looks good. Just like it did before I burned the disc.
    So what do you think about this?
    Is there a way to solve this problem?
    I have not had any problems when I was burning downloaded movies. So it must be something wrong in the process.
    Sorry for my english, hope someone can help me anyway.

San Diego, Ca, USA

Maybe it's your frame rate(frames per second). When your using the software weres usually a bit of lag in the frame rate and after you render and watch it you see all the motions. Try 24fps if your not already doing so.

Sounds like it could be an interlace problem, it's a bit hard to tell from your description.

I don't know if you can alter the field order in Pinnacle 12 this may (or may not) solve the problem. I don't know what the correct TV format for your country is but make sure you have the right setting for your country. ie PAL or NTSC which would go back to Solo619 idea of frame rate for PAL you should set it to 25fps for NTSC 30fps.

Hope this helps.

maybe it is because of the DVD-TV syste,
    check the middle part of this article:
    How To Convert Youtube Videos To Dvd?
    it may can help.

Try to lower the bite rate or change your dvd burner